publicité
20 hours ago, ThomasH said:

2 mai 2021

À la sortie du pont Victoria

P5021754.JPG

P5021755.JPG

Sur l'Île-des-Soeurs

P5021778.JPG

if only CDPQ had used this steel structure for the whole aerial section in PSC.  It would not be as subtil and delitace as the voussois in the west, but way, way better than the heavy and bulhy concreate beams they used

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 semaines plus tard...
  • 4 semaines plus tard...

It’s probably not less complex, but I find it shocking how much quicker and more efficient the launching gantry system is at building elevated segments. We still don’t know why it was chosen for all the western segments but not for PSC.

il y a 2 minutes, SameGuy a dit :

It’s probably not less complex, but I find it shocking how much quicker and more efficient the launching gantry system is at building elevated segments. We still don’t know why it was chosen for all the western segments but not for PSC.

Let me venture a guess… money? There may be other more technical considerations but at the end of the day, money rules!

Just now, Internist said:

Let me venture a guess… money? There may be other more technical considerations but at the end of the day, money rules!

I’m really not sure. It looks like a lot more work the old fashioned way. The 5 km PSC segment isn’t ready yet but is the first section slated to open, while almost 10 km of the Anse branch structure is complete and rails have been installed on a significant portion of it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯