Aller au contenu

Royalmount

denpanosekai

Messages recommendés

il y a 2 minutes, MtlMan a dit :

Misère, les crises de bacon qu'on peut lire ici. Le projet n'est pas mort, Carbonleo l'a dit elle-même. Attendons un peu pour voir. Comme si cette mouture exacte était la seule et unique possible et envisageable, voyons donc. 

Une véritable hystérie. L'Armaggedon n'est pas arrivé.🙄

Le promoteur n'a pas le choix que de s'assoir et répondre sérieusement aux exigences de la Ville de Montréal et des autres opposants, s'il veut que son projet se réalise. Autrement il fera face à un barrage d'objections de plus en plus organisé qui pourrait le mettre K.O. comme les autres méga-centres commerciaux avant lui.

Comme c'est lui qui a choisi de plein gré ce site controversé, c'est à lui que revient l'effort d'ajuster sont projet pour le rendre acceptable à la population. Blâmer le MTQ est vraiment un coup d'épée dans l'eau, puisque le gouvernement a son propre agenda déjà établi pour l'amélioration de la 40, qui devra attendre les budgets et les études selon un ordre de priorité.

A noter que c'est le seul projet de construction contesté sur la centaine (petits et grands) déjà en cours à Montréal. Ce qui montre que la Ville tout autant que la population, ne sont pas contre le développement. Bien au contraire. Mais celui-là est loin de faire consensus et doit être revu rigoureusement, pour qu'il s'insère véritablement dans l'esprit du développement durable.

• Like 4

Moi: *lisant les anti- et les pro- RoyalMount s'emporter et perdre toute nuance sachant que @mtlurb va surement encore fermer le thread et que d'autre thread plus intéressants vont devenir plus actifs et ne seront plus enfouis par le drama du RoyalMount*

source.gif

Modifié par mk.ndrsn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mont royal said:

You are right. It works. Right now, I am very proud of our city. We care about our community. There is a reason why our quality of life is so high. There is nothing sacrosanct about private money;.it does not rule our community. Those who we elected to represent us are doing so with integrity. They see the long-term and are not blinded by the fast buck. I am now hopeful that we will come through this with a win-win solution. If you have any doubts about the wisdom of this, try driving north on Decarie service road in rush hour: try getting out of Hampstead to go north. And, then, instead of fuming, try imagining what it would be like if this project were to go ahead unchecked.

LOL!!!! those you elected are representing you with integrity, and care about the community?... and we're talking about road congestion!... one more time... we're talking about ROAD CONGESTION!... well my friend if you truly believe what you've just written, I elect you Mayor of the sheeple. Congrats!

• Like 2

Il y a 1 heure, _mtler_ a dit :

You are placing blame on a promoter for the inaction of government to fix a poorly designed interchange. This problem should have been fixed years ago. If it takes a massive project and standstill traffic to light a fire under the government’s behind to take action and rethink the interchange, then so be it. 

Why is it that government waits until things fall apart and reach a tipping point to fix something that is clearly broken ? Champlain and Turcot being prime examples, both are which cannot be argued to the contrary. 

Pathetic. 

Do you really believe "fixing the interchange" is the miracle solution for the 3rd and 5th worst bottlenecks in the country? I mean, if it was that simple, there would be no bottlenecks anywhere, don't you think? The problems around that area aren't entirely due to a poorly designed interchange.

We are not talking about crumbling infrastructure like Champlain and Turcot here, we are talking about chronic, crippling congestion. And now we want to add 20,000+ vehicles in that area? Everyone talks about the positive impact this project would have on Montreal's economy without mentioning the additional costs this will bring with congestion, in addition to negative impacts on public health.

People are talking about this as if it's an easy fix like paving a road. I can't believe people still think that way in 2019...

il y a 7 minutes, SkahHigh a dit :

Do you really believe "fixing the interchange" is the miracle solution for the 3rd and 5th worst bottlenecks in the country? I mean, if it was that simple, there would be no bottlenecks anywhere, don't you think? The problems around that area aren't entirely due to a poorly designed interchange.

We are not talking about crumbling infrastructure like Champlain and Turcot here, we are talking about chronic, crippling congestion. And now we want to add 20,000+ vehicles in that area? Everyone talks about the positive impact this project would have on Montreal's economy without mentioning the additional costs this will bring with congestion, in addition to negative impacts on public health.

People are talking about this as if it's an easy fix like paving a road. I can't believe people still think that way in 2019...

Upvote. 👍

21 minutes ago, SkahHigh said:

You clearly don't travel on the exchange. I use it every day. It is painfully obvious that the 40 West needs another on ramp just like the 40 East (it has 2 ramps) . Also, show me another highway system that merges 6 lanes to 3! The 3 lanes of the 40 East and 3 lanes of the 15 North merge together for a long distance. Obviously fixing this major gaffe will improve traffic flow immensely. I can't believe people still don't realize this in 2019. 

il y a 14 minutes, peekay a dit :

You clearly don't travel on the exchange. I use it every day. It is painfully obvious that the 40 West needs another on ramp just like the 40 East (it has 2 ramps) . Also, show me another highway system that merges 6 lanes to 3! The 3 lanes of the 40 East and 3 lanes of the 15 North merge together for a long distance. Obviously fixing this major gaffe will improve traffic flow immensely. I can't believe people still don't realize this in 2019. 

Peekay my friend, I thought you would know that adding lanes does not fix road congestion. If it was that simple, the 12-lane highways in Los Angeles, Houston and Toronto wouldn't be stuck at a standstill during rush hour. Whether it be on an interchange or not. 

It might fix traffic flow for a while but the problem will come back. And such an intervention would only get nullified by the arrival of the Royalmount. With time, population growth and urban sprawl, it would just keep getting worse.

50 minutes ago, peekay said:

Adding more lanes does not relieve traffic, it’s been demonstrated over and again, after a few years, you are back to the same problem, and more cars - this is a fact, ain’t an opinion, que tu aimes ou pas. Et c’est exactement pourquoi le 3ieme lien à Qc city is a bad idea.

Modifié par MDCM
  • Like 1