Aller au contenu

L'Avenue - 50 étages

WestAust

Messages recommendés

• Réponses 3,2k
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

Hmmm, non, la plus haute partie est vers le nord, comme theodore le dit. L'image porte à confusion parce qu'on imagine la rue être René-Lévesque, mais ce n'est pas le cas. On voit le superbe building CAA à gauche de l'image, sur René-Lévesque, et les tours CIBC et 1000 de la Gauchetìère à l'est.

Hmmm, non, la plus haute partie est vers le nord, comme theodore le dit. L'image porte à confusion parce qu'on imagine la rue être René-Lévesque, mais ce n'est pas le cas. On voit le superbe building CAA à gauche de l'image, sur René-Lévesque, et les tours CIBC et 1000 de la Gauchetìère à l'est.

On dirait qu'ils ont oublié un petit quelque chose entre l'arrière de l'Avenue et l'avant du CAA.

man, these buildings look grim and northern, like something out of russia. i hope the alcan redevelopment plan goes ahead just to show the city that things can be quite beautiful, we're not doomed to this garbage like toronto is. then again, i should remind myself that this is sort of an extension of both the concordia ghetto and r-l blvd, so the fact that the architecture looks like the marriage of the predominant styles of two areas (utilitarian tower block plus internal skeleton, dark glass curtain wall and bare-minimum corporate architectural accents) with seems quite appropriate.

Modifié par orages lointains

man, these buildings look grim and northern, like something out of russia. i hope the alcan redevelopment plan goes ahead just to show the city that things can be quite beautiful, we're not doomed to this garbage like toronto is. then again, i should remind myself that this is sort of an extension of both the concordia ghetto and r-l blvd, so the fact that the architecture looks like the marriage of the predominant styles of two areas (utilitarian tower block plus internal skeleton, dark glass curtain wall and bare-minimum corporate architectural accents) with seems quite appropriate.

Life must be really tough if you complain about that picture. Do you remember what it looked like a few years back? Me neither...because there was NOTHING. Parking lots that looked like they've gone through war. Don't hate, appreciate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

with the market now, development in the city was inevitable. it's definitely better for there to be towers on those hellish lots, but it's sad that these guys have such bad taste. montreal has some amazing architects (sid lee, saucier + perrotte, menkes schooner, even neuf) and instead you see cadillac fairview go with montreal's worst major architects, cardinal hardy (seriously, just google their work). it's a budget thing, it's an imagination thing, it's the spirit of the business class in montreal at this point in the city's history. but it's definitely worthy of criticism.