Aller au contenu

Le Roccabella - 40, 40 étages (2018)

IluvMTL

Messages recommendés

Je crois qu'il reste l'étage des penthouses et ensuite ce sera l'étage mécanique puis le chapeau . Si on regarde le rendu , tout semble logique. Je crois que cette tour atteindra ses 147 mètres.

Comme le dit Synosik, il ne reste qu'un étage à faire. Il restera juste le toit de cet étage en cours à couler. Mais comme le 2e étage mécanique/penthouse semble avoir un plafond d'environ 12 pieds, je ne crois pas qu'il y aura un autre étage à bâtir.

Le 19 juillet 2015 :

[ATTACH]22350[/ATTACH]

My apologies if this is off-topic - Does anyone know why high-rises in Montreal are typically built mainly using concrete rather than steel ? Steel seems to be the material of choice around the world. You would think it would be more affordable here as well, considering Canada is a key natural resource producer.

^ I'm no structural engineer, but my best guess is that concrete is more suitable to our climate. Steel will contract and expand with variations in temperature (freeze-thaw cycles) which are frequent in the Montreal climate and the populated-Canadian climate as a whole for that matter. Look at the myriad of construction projects in Toronto/Calgary and you'll see that they have concrete structures as well, for the most part - exceptions typically being office buildings. Condo towers are typically built with concrete structures because the floor slabs are denser, have a higher thermal mass (retain heat) and block more noise from floor-to-floor, so you don't have to get to know you neighbors too well. Lastly, though Canada is a natural producer of steel, Quebec, and indeed Montreal, is a natural producer of cement (many mines in Southern Quebec), so there are economic spin-offs as well. Steel is 'pre-fab,' as they say, manufactured and refined offsite and then imported, so it may not be very cost effective in our case.

I may be mistaken though so if anyone has anything to add I'd be interested in learning more!

I thought it was because concrete is much better for residential constructions due to the fact that it dampens sounds and provides better isolation?

Wasn't Deloite tower built mostly with steel, meaning that it is perfectly suitable for your climate, it just doesn't provide the best qualities for a residential construction.

Concrete is the future of construction. Ces dernières années ont vu se concrétiser plusieurs percées technologiques (à l'instar de la nanotechnologie) dans la conception de ciment spéciaux et il m'a semblé (via la littérature) que le Quebec est un acteur majeur dans ces innovations

Le béton du Burj Khalifa par exemple fut développé grâce à l'expertise de l'université de Sherbrooke.

Honnêtement je ne pense pas qu'on a beaucoup plus de béton que les autres villes. Lorsqu'on voit des photos d'autres villes, ce sont souvent des photos du centre ville d'affaire avec du cladding en verre mais si on regarde dans l'ensemble, avec les immeubles résidentiels, il y a beaucoup de béton partout.