Aller au contenu

Tour des Canadiens - 50 étages

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

• Réponses 4,4k
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

En même temps, c'est dla merde comme site. une animation flash, c'est hyper dur a modifié pour ajouter des trucs. d'après moi, ils ont du se faire avoir et le gars qui a fait le design du site n'a pas du donner les originaux (ça arrive souvent...) et la, il ne peut pas modifier son site...

Don't celebrate too soon folks. This needs to go through endless consultation first, at least minor 4 protests and a good amount of OCPM modification.

Why? The condo towers wouldn't conflict with any regulation, no consultation or OCPM are needed. The only part of the proposal that may face protests would be for the office tower and the demolition of the CP accounting building.

Why? The condo towers wouldn't conflict with any regulation, no consultation or OCPM are needed. The only part of the proposal that may face protests would be for the office tower and the demolition of the CP accounting building.

Why not? There have been several projects within a few hundred meters of this one that were well within regulations but were kiboshed due to the OCPM sticking their noses where it didn't belong.

Why not? There have been several projects within a few hundred meters of this one that were well within regulations but were kiboshed due to the OCPM sticking their noses where it didn't belong.

Really?? which ones?

Yes, which one? Because the way I understand how it works, if a project respect the zoning, it can be approve without the OCPM. Exemple: Hilton Garden Hill and the 40-storeys hotel in construction on René-Lévesque. The Bell Centrer is in a 210+ meters. The OCPM will not be involved.

Le Mackay to name one and unless my contacts at the city are completely off, its replacement student housing project (which stands at ~26 floors right now) is also mired in red tape at this point. Not to mention the fact that Le Crystal was also supposed to be ~10 floors higher and in the words of the developer to me at their grand opening: "we didn't want to stir the pot any more than necessary".

Developers are afraid of our frankly idiotic limitations and projects have suffered because of it.

Whether or not this one will come to pass remains to be seen but if we see a 50+ floor residential tower go up in the downtown core in the next 10 years, I'll eat my hat....as long as you guys provide the salt. ;)

Modifié par SKYMTL

Le Mackay to name one and unless my contacts at the city are completely off, its replacement student housing project (which stands at ~26 floors right now) is also mired in red tape at this point. Not to mention the fact that Le Crystal was also supposed to be ~10 floors higher and in the words of the developer to me at their grand opening: "we didn't want to stir the pot any more than necessary".

Developers are afraid of our frankly idiotic limitations and projects have suffered because of it.

Whether or not this one will come to pass remains to be seen but if we see a 50+ floor residential tower go up in the downtown core in the next 10 years, I'll eat my hat....as long as you guys provide the salt. ;)

Well, the Mackay at 34 floors being developped by Ali Khan encroached into the 60M zone because it was being offset away from Rene Levesque. That is the only reason that an OCPM hearing was needed. Yes, surprisingly, the proposal was rejected by the OCPM and the city endorsed their findings, forcing the promoted to propose the 26 story alternative. The city did ensure though that the future zoning that will take effect in 2012 expands the 120M zone so that the original proposal no longer needs public consultation. Granted this delay has allowed other projects to take advantage (even precedence) of the strong condo market in Montreal, but I know that the project is on hold till the new zoning bylaws come into law. At that time I strongly believe that you will see a proposal that with maximize the potential of the lot - with a strong chance that student housing will still make up a significant portion.

The Crystal is another story, frankly the comment you quote from Peter Essaris (developper) sounds like double speak on his end. This project never went through public consultation, and even at 10 stories higher it wouldn't have required it. Heck even at 20 stories higher it wouldn't have required it. In actuality, the project should have had to go through public consultation because it is too short but managed to barely avoid it because it met the density requirement. I think it was more a question of being quick out of the gate then anything else as a bigger project would have had a much longer incubation period and the market for such high end wasn't really there 4 years ago - look at the Roc Fleuri which was being built around the same time, it has yet to reach full occupancy.

What kind of hat is it? It better be old and stinky cuz its gonna be for dinner. Finding 400 people to drop ~700k to live at the Bell Center will be a cake walk.

I think GDS is right. The only aspect of this project that might have problems is the office tower portion. The condos will sell pretty fast. The good news is that they plan on starting with the biggest of the 3 towers.