Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

Wait, what? What's pukey about this building exactly? It got a nice facade, and seems to be in good condition. And there's an empty lot just next to it. Why demolish it?

Faut faire attention à cette logique... le propriétaire de ce terrain ne possède sûrement pas les terrains avoisinants...

• Réponses 93
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

Because cities are generally thought of as collections of buildings, not collections of parking lots.

Here's an illustration to help you understand:

A city:

Not a city:

h

I would call a city a collection of people instead ;) Parking lots are city things also, in rural areas they don't exist, people just park on the ground :)

If the economics are such to tear down the building as opposed to building next to it, the building isn't valuable and should be redeveloped...

Je suis passé autour cet édifice il y a deux semaines. J'ai vu un panneau annonçant une demande d'un promotteur qui voulait démolir cet édifice pour en construire un autre qui aurait quelque-chose comme un étage de plus (on est loin d'un 10 étages). Je trouvait l'édifice qu'ils voulaient démolit plutôt intéressant. La seule raison que je vois pour sa démolition serait qu'il soit irrécupérable.

I would call a city a collection of people instead ;) Parking lots are city things also, in rural areas they don't exist, people just park on the ground :)

If the economics are such to tear down the building as opposed to building next to it, the building isn't valuable and should be redeveloped...

So you're in favor of tearing down anything in the name of economics?

The building with the stone facade? That's what they want to demolish? Well that just seems strange to me. It's a nice looking building with a classic stone facade... why not build on one of the many vacant lots nearby instead?

They better not tear it down to build a 4-storey generic and mundane building. I can accept the loss but only if we get something high-quality. Minimum 10 storeys and high-quality architecture.

I agree totally. In fact, I believe they should keep this one, unless it is really unsalvageable. Et pour le remplacer par un truc générique qui ressemblera à une clinique dentaire de la Rive-Sud ou de Laval? Pffffffff.....

The building with the stone facade? That's what they want to demolish? Well that just seems strange to me. It's a nice looking building with a classic stone facade... why not build on one of the many vacant lots nearby instead?

Maybe it burnt down? Street view is "old", a year or two at least.