Aller au contenu

L'Avenue - 50 étages

WestAust

Messages recommendés

• Réponses 3,2k
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

it's exactly it and I hear it all day all night while door closed and while sleeping and I am facing the south and it make me nervous sometime to sleep.

Omg this is my worst nightmare, I feel for you.

I would just want to sell and move ASAP.

I really do not know what to do with this and the promoter does not seem to collaborate too much and I have no neighbors on my floor to ask if they hears the noise too. They just said we are up to the building code as to the soundproofing of the building (inside and outside), but can not control the external sounds unfortunately. Is there anything I can do from the inside to filter the noise a bit more? or do a complain somewhere to see if they can move those stuff elsewhere? I guess it's not since it's bell center and you can't do anything againt it.

Your best bet in my opinion is social media and media channels. Call CTV call radio stations call everyone. Before you do any of that, make sure you get a decibel meter or an acoustic meter analysis done. Hit them hard with evidence. This story of yours pisses me off so much. I went through similar shitty attitudes with my house developer. Hit them with bad publicity (backed by evidence). Unfortunately it is the only way they will listen. Good luck Please keep us up to date on your story!

Your best bet in my opinion is social media and media channels. Call CTV call radio stations call everyone. Before you do any of that, make sure you get a decibel meter or an acoustic meter analysis done. Hit them hard with evidence. This story of yours pisses me off so much. I went through similar shitty attitudes with my house developer. Hit them with bad publicity (backed by evidence). Unfortunately it is the only way they will listen. Good luck Please keep us up to date on your story!

Today one of the project manager came to visit my unit to have an idea of the sound coming in to my unit and he said that's normal because of the shape of the building facing the south is not aligned like the north part and all of this word that they did their test and respect all the normes de construction and acoutstic test was done with success etc... I went to visit another unit facing rocabella with him and we were able to hear the same exact noise. They said they will keep me in touch but for them nothing they can do anything about it since it's a curtain window and not like concrete wall.

From my side I called the city and explained a bit and they will send an inspector in a couple of days to do some test so I don't know how they will proceed with that... will keep you informed if anything happens.

Is the DECIBAL MEter in the app store accurate? Or should I buy one and do the test? what would be the average for that area ?

Ces bruits de ventilations sont bien malheureux, mais ils s'ajoutent à l'ensemble des bruits urbains qui forment une sorte de rumeur sourde à laquelle on devrait normalement s'habituer. Il y a d'ailleurs des chances que le même bruit soit aussi perçu par les résidents de la TDC1 qui font face au Centre Bell (côté est).

Une chose est sûre, le Centre Bell a planifié l'installation de ses systèmes selon ses besoins et à une époque où il était pratiquement seul dans le coin. Il ne pouvait en conséquence prévoir la nature des nouvelles constructions qui allaient suivre plusieurs années plus tard. Je crois alors que vu sous cet angle, il sera difficile de lui attribuer une quelconque responsabilité directe, ou le forcer à dépenser des sommes en réparation. Surtout si son système fonctionne normalement, tout en respectant la réglementation municipale.

Je sympathise beaucoup avec les acheteurs qui se retrouvent dans une situation pareille, en découvrant des inconvénients sonores ou visuels avec lesquels ils devront apprendre à composer. Autrement, ils devront tenter de trouver des solutions maisons, qui pourront éliminer ou à tout le moins atténuer le dérangement. Comme le degré de sensibilité varie beaucoup d'un individu à l'autre, on entre dans une zone grise qui pourrait facilement être sujette à interprétations, donc difficile à défendre.

Une chose demeure, l'insonorisation de l'immeuble lui-même ( l'Avenue) pourrait être en cause. Il faudra notamment voir la nature des garanti qui accompagnent l'unité en question. On peut d'ailleurs supposer que plus on s'approche du niveau d'où vient la source du bruit, plus il devrait être intense. Il faut aussi naturellement tenir compte de la réverbération du bruit sur d'autres surfaces, comme par exemple un immeuble voisin, qui pourrait faire écho en amplifiant le son.

Morale de cette histoire: on ne sera jamais trop prudent quand on achète sur plan. Il faut vraiment prendre connaissance de l'entourage immédiat, identifier la nature des activités qui y prennent place, leur proximité et leur fréquence. Dans le doute exiger une insonorisation complète dès le départ, qui nous permettra de dormir sur nos deux oreilles.

En terminant, il ne faut pas hésiter à utiliser préalablement tous les outils à notre disposition. Google Earth et autres applications peuvent nous révéler beaucoup de choses qui ne sont pas visibles du sol et ainsi nous aider à faire de meilleurs choix d'habitation, le cas échéant.

Today one of the project manager came to visit my unit to have an idea of the sound coming in to my unit and he said that's normal because of the shape of the building facing the south is not aligned like the north part and all of this word that they did their test and respect all the normes de construction and acoutstic test was done with success etc... I went to visit another unit facing rocabella with him and we were able to hear the same exact noise. They said they will keep me in touch but for them nothing they can do anything about it since it's a curtain window and not like concrete wall.

From my side I called the city and explained a bit and they will send an inspector in a couple of days to do some test so I don't know how they will proceed with that... will keep you informed if anything happens.

Is the DECIBAL MEter in the app store accurate? Or should I buy one and do the test? what would be the average for that area ?

Try to get an official report from the city inspector with the results. Also, if you can, hire an independent inspector that specializes in acoustic conformity. Get familiar with city norms in terms of outside noise seeping indoors. Gather all those documents and make sure they are in order and just inform them that you will be seeking the media's help or legal help for this issue. A doctor's note will help explaining that your comfort level is compromised. Maybe try and wait for your neighbors to get involved also.

Remember, unfortunately, developers don't care about you. They care about their bottom line. Tell them you ABSOLUTELY want copies of the acoustic tests they did. (trust me, they didn't)

Also, tell them that the norms that they respected doesn't take into consideration that you are living next to an arena's ventilation in a northern climate.

P.S. Decibel meter on iPhone is not enough.