Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

Ok, est-ce que tout le monde est prêt a rêver grand? On y va pour une autre vision folle de Cataclaw!

Voici ma vision pour un nouveau quartier à Brossard.

Marketing :

"Forget Dix30, come shop at Quartier Central!"

"Forget your condo in the middle of nowhere. Come live near a major transit hub!"

"Forget your spread-out local services. Come to Quartier Central where services are consolidated for your convenience!"

"A 2 minutes du Pont Champlain et le centre-ville!"

Le pourquoi:

La zone autour du Terminus Panama a un grand potentiel qui est sous-exploité. En se basant sur les principes de Transit Oriented Development je propose une densification autour du terminus.

Structure:

-Pas une seule (nouvelle) place de stationnement de surface.

-Plusieurs espaces de stationnements sur la rue, par contre.

-Ou stationner? Un méga stationnement étagé directement au sud du Terminus -ou- un des autres nombreux stationnements étagés et/ou sous-terrains.

-Plusieurs rues pour piétons (avec des terrasses!)

-Un gros parc avec un petit lac artificiel /ou/ une fontaine.

-Plus haute tour : 18 étages. C'est principalement du 5 à 8 étages avec quelques édifices de 10-16 étages

-Les ilots centraux c'est principalement de l'usage mixte. Tout autour c'est principalement des apartements/condos.

Le plan:

AVANT

bros-before.jpg

APRES

bros-after.jpg

SIDE BY SIDE

bros-sidebyside.jpg

Volumes:

bros-ren3.jpg

bros-ren2.jpg

bros-ren1.jpg

bros-ren4.jpg

bros-ren5.jpg

-----------

Commentaires?

N.B. SI VOUS ETES ICI POUR BLASTER MON PROJET, PERDEZ PAS MON TEMPS S.V.P. SI VOUS ETES ICI POUR DONNER DES REMARQUES CONSTRUCTIVES, QU'ELLES SOIENT BONNES OU MAUVAISE, ALORS OUI, POSTEZ S.V.P.!

Pas de discussion banlieu vs. ville ici svp, ce n'est pas la place!

Merci gang! :):):)

What do yall think?

• Réponses 23
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

You realize that a sizeable chunk of the parking you're removing is free incentive parking for transit riders, right? It's that many more cars that would end up on the bridge.

Besides, allow me to say that this is very similar to Devimco's plan for Griffintown in terms of scale. And like Devimco: a great idea, but not a chance in Hell it's ever getting done! And I mean that the nicest way possible.

You should be thinking more in terms of small additions to the current commercial space. Because any promoter with that kind of clout is bound to look elsewhere for a high rise development on that scale.

You realize that a sizeable chunk of the parking you're removing is free incentive parking for transit riders, right?

Yes, and it's being replaced by an equal number of indoor parking spaces located in the massive 5-storey parking garage just to the south of it.

Besides, allow me to say that this is very similar to Devimco's plan for Griffintown in terms of scale. And like Devimco: a great idea, but not a chance in Hell it's ever getting done! And I mean that the nicest way possible.

This is a vision. I am in no way a promoter with millions of dollars to spend! This is my vision of what things ought to be, not necessarily a plan on how to get there!

You should be thinking more in terms of small additions to the current commercial space. Because any promoter with that kind of clout is bound to look elsewhere for a high rise development on that scale.

Again, i'm not a promoter, i'm just having fun creating a vision of what i think this land should accommodate.

Respectfully, i think you're missing the point of this exercise. Please go rain on somebody else's parade.

This is a vision. I am in no way a promoter with millions of dollars to spend! This is my vision of what things ought to be, not necessarily a plan on how to get there!

Respectfully, i think you're missing the point of this exercise. Please go rain on somebody else's parade.

Then wow! Wonderful vision! Great job! Just add a fountain that spurts water 20 storeys into the air, à la Dubai, and it'd be perfect! And I'd totally want to live there too!

That feel better? Now let me go back to playing SimCity. :silly:

Then wow! Wonderful vision! Great job! Just add a fountain that spurts water 20 storeys into the air, à la Dubai, and it'd be perfect! And I'd totally want to live there too!

That feel better? Now let me go back to playing SimCity. :silly:

I'm glad you like it, but no need to be snarky. Like i said, i welcome constructive criticism, but saying "nobody has the money for this" isn't very helpful given the whole "just-for-fun-vision" thing. :)

Sim city eh? I created a Sim City thread in the off topic forum a while back. You might want to check it out. Feel free to post pix of your cities too! I haven't played in too long, i need to get back into it...

Modifié par Cataclaw

Je ne connais pas du tout le secteur, mais j'aime bien la vision!

Je ne sais pas à quoi ressemble les quartiers aux alentours, alors c'est peut-être une idée inutile, mais serait-il possible "d'ouvrir" ce quartier au sud/est/ouest, comme le fait les nouveaux liens en direction nord? Je ne sais pas si je suis clair... Parfois les développements en banlieue sont "enclavés" par les grands boulevards, surtout pour les piétons, à cause du manque d'intersection.

Ok, est-ce que tout le monde est prêt a rêver grand? On y va pour une autre vision folle de Cataclaw!

Voici ma vision pour un nouveau quartier à Brossard.

Le pourquoi:

La zone autour du Terminus Panama a un grand potentiel qui est sous-exploité. En se basant sur les principes de Transit Oriented Development je propose une densification autour du terminus.

Structure:

-Pas une seule (nouvelle) place de stationnement de surface.

-Plusieurs espaces de stationnements sur la rue, par contre.

-Ou stationner? Un méga stationnement étagé directement au sud du Terminus -ou- un des autres nombreux stationnements étagés et/ou sous-terrains.

-Plusieurs rues pour piétons (avec des terrasses!)

-Un gros parc avec un petit lac artificiel /ou/ une fontaine.

-Plus haute tour : 18 étages. C'est principalement du 5 à 8 étages avec quelques édifices de 10-16 étages

-Les ilots centraux c'est principalement de l'usage mixte. Tout autour c'est principalement des apartements/condos.

SIDE BY SIDE

bros-sidebyside.jpg

Volumes:

bros-ren3.jpg

-----------

Commentaires?

N.B. SI VOUS ETES ICI POUR BLASTER MON PROJET, PERDEZ PAS MON TEMPS S.V.P. SI VOUS ETES ICI POUR DONNER DES REMARQUES CONSTRUCTIVES, QU'ELLES SOIENT BONNES OU MAUVAISE, ALORS OUI, POSTEZ S.V.P.!

Pas de discussion banlieu vs. ville ici svp, ce n'est pas la place!

Merci gang! :):):)

What do yall think?

Cataclaw, your idea is sort of what I thought DIX30 would become - a suburban version of urban life. New Urbanism done Brossard-style. Instead, it's just a big mall set up to look like a city, which is what it is becoming. The main street of DIX30 (which leads to the taller buildings and the fountain) could have been more promising if residences of 4 storey were put on top of the stores. Then the quartier could develop organically with people living, working,shopping, partying. It could have been a much more robust version of downtown St.Lambert (yes, St.Lambert has a downtown for all you non-South Shore people lol!) Instead, DIX30 is like something found in Arizona or California - it feels artificial, contrived, and deserted after a certain hour. I think Brossard has the potential to be one of the major nodes within the metropolitan region like Laval and Longueuil, but there's a disconnect between DIX30 and the Panama/Taschereau/AUT10 area. I like your idea of mixed uses, because the goal of Dix30 should be to create an urban community bases on transit within a suburban setting. Now some politician will claim there is mixed use, because there's houses not too far away. But those houses are not in DIX30, their next to it. It's not the same thing. Those people have to get in their cars and drive 2 or 3 minutes and park, whereas with this idea, it's all about walking. More sense of community is built.