Aller au contenu
publicité

Miska

Messages recommendés

Jean-François Ducharme

Actualités - Publié le 8 janvier 2010 à 09:00

BROSSARD. 54 nouvelles résidences unifamiliales de type manoir seront construites au projet «Domaines de la Rive-Sud», dans le secteur L, à Brossard. Le conseil municipal a approuvé la plus récente phase de développement de ce projet réalisé par le Groupe Frank Catania, lors de l’assemblée du 21 décembre.

Les 54 résidences seront construites sur des terrains d’une superficie minimale de 1200 mètres carrés, soit 12 916 pieds carrés. Elles seront construites sur cinq rues, soit les rues Louvier, Lugano et trois rues à être nommées plus tard. Le montant total de ces travaux coûtera à la Ville environ 1,8 M$.

Les travaux débuteront en février 2010 et devraient se terminer en 2012.

Cette phase constitue l’avant-dernière étape du projet Domaines de la Rive-Sud. La dernière phase complétera la dernière rue du projet.

publicité

Ouach.

Je sais qu'il y a une demande pour ces types de résidences, et que les gens qui y habitent paient bien leurs taxes, mais est-ce que ça serait possible de construire ces résidences un peu plus loin? Ca fait... ville.. ville.. ville.. et pouf tu tombes dans une zone de méga basse densité.

I know i'm going to take some flak from some people here for saying this, but i think Dix30 and the L section of Brossard were two big mistakes from an urban planning perspective. Brossard is taking a step back, a step towards Los Angeles-style ultra spread out suburban development.

Dix30 is basically a mall, but instead of parking and walking inside, things are spread out in separate buildings outside, so you have to drive and park, drive and park.. Few options for the person wanting to get there without a car. The whole area along with the L section feels like a car-only zone, and i'm against places that are car-only.

Don't get me wrong, i like cars, i have a car, i use my car, and i'm very pro-car, unlike some who would rather see them totally removed from our lives (cough, Richard Bergeron, cough). But i don't like it when cars have a total monopoly either. There should be a healthy balance between cars AND other options. It's about choice. And these recent urban planning developments in Brossard haven't given much of it.

Modifié par Cataclaw

The main part of Dix30 from the theatre to the concert hall is totally pedestrian friendly and is accessable by public transit. There is no comparison with Marche Central or Smartcenter Kirkland.

These houses represent over 80 million (phase II) in tax base with very little in municipal infrastructure. It is a very small part of Brossard that has been designated for this type of mega housing while the rest of the L section maintains Brossards already high level of density. Being the closest off island suburb, the demand and need was inevitable.

GDS: I know, but i just wish those houses would have been built somewhere else, a little farther off.. somewhere where it doesn't interrupt so violently the contiguous nature of the density and urban fabric.

But i guess i know the counter to my own argument.. if the houses were built farther away, it wouldn't have been so appealing. What makes those houses attractive is partly the location (close to highways 30 and 10, just a few minutes from downtown)

Dix30 on the other hand, i just plain don't like. I like the hotel and main complex area, but everything else is just big box stores and other shops spread out in a sea of parking lots.

The houses out there are for the "Nouveau riches" types. They are all really tacky. If someone wants a fancy (yet classy) house on the south shore the best choices are either in St. Lambert or Old Longueuil.

Just take a look at the project's website. Where are the trees? Where are the sidewalks?: http://www.domainesrivesud.com/

No taste...

25.jpg

29.jpg

17.jpg

70.jpg

30.jpg

The houses out there are for the "Nouveau riches" types. They are all really tacky. If someone wants a fancy (yet classy) house on the south shore the best choices are either in St. Lambert or Old Longueuil.

Just take a look at the project's website. Where are the trees? Where are the sidewalks?: http://www.domainesrivesud.com/

No taste...

Sidewalks? Dear, only peasants and poor people actually walk. How silly.

17.jpg

I just can't stand how someone can make their house look like that.

OT: Back on the island there is something like this, but to a smaller scale in Beaconsfield and in Dorval but all the houses seem so much nicer.

Domaine Woodland

plan_woodland.jpg

There is like 6 models you can choose from or opt out and have them design you something amazing. Prices are around $800k starting I think. As for custom ones start at over $1.5 million I think. As for the taxes its like almost $18k a year. The starting houses have like 3000 sq.ft also.

One of Houde's 6 models you can choose from in this project...

glenn.jpg

One of Houde's custom houses...

vue2.jpg

Plus I checked the prices of homes selling in Beaconsfield have gone up between 4-7% depending on the kind of house.

Another thing part of Jean Houde is the St Lawrence Estates which is in Dorval.

I can't find the map of the lots right now, but most of the houses look like this.

dorval.png

All over a million dollars and over 3000 sq.ft As for taxes (school + municipal) your paying like $15000 a year. I have no idea how that compares to the project in Brossard.

Modifié par jesseps