Aller au contenu
publicité

Autoroute 10 (Bonaventure - portion au nord du canal (boul. urbain))

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

P.S. Le boulevard Parisien qu'on voit à 10 voies, et le rond point est difficile à évaluer mais dépasse largement 15 voies aussi. Nul part à Montréal on a rien de similaire, et ce même si on envie Paris pour plusieurs choses,il reste qu'ils ont des "vrais boulevards"... pas comme notre "boulevard à 2 voies" minables qu'on veut continuer à amputer en largeur.

publicité
P.S. Le boulevard Parisien qu'on voit à 10 voies, et le rond point est difficile à évaluer mais dépasse largement 15 voies aussi. Nul part à Montréal on a rien de similaire, et ce même si on envie Paris pour plusieurs choses,il reste qu'ils ont des "vrais boulevards"... pas comme notre "boulevard à 2 voies" minables qu'on veut continuer à amputer en largeur.

:stirthepot: Nous avons cependant une opportunité de créer quelque chose qui se rapprocherait de ces beaux et grands boulevards, d'autant plus que c'est une entrée directe sur le centre-ville. Pourquoi alors ne pas pousser le concept en construisant quelque chose de similaire comme je l'ai moi même mentionné plus haut dans ce fil.

Il y a plein d'endroits où construire de nouveaux édifices et le terre-plein de l'autoroute m'apparait comme une très mauvaise idée qui bloquerait la vue et réduirait justement les larges espaces de part et d'autres qui font la beauté de ce genre d'avenue.

Pareil pour Griffintown et la grille de rues qui pourrait accommoder un autre boulevard de cette nature en ouvrant au passage une belle perspective sur le canal. Et qu'on ne vienne pas me dire que c'est du patrimoine intouchable, Paris s'est reconstruite en rasant littéralement la ville. Ce que je ne propose certainement pas ici, mais le passé à trop vouloir le protéger dans ces moindres détails finit par paralyser.

• 2 semaines plus tard...

Nice. They are planning on extending the underground pathways.

Thats if this projects get off the ground, which I hope it does.

At the STM board meeting in June one of the items on the agenda was a new link from Square-Victoria station to a new building. Can anyone find out what company that is, and what new building they are talking about. I think it's Altoria.

ARTICLE 33

Operations

Approval of an agreement for the link between the Square-Victoria station and a new building belonging to 7162936 Canada Inc.

http://www.stm.info/English/en-bref/agenda_CA100630.pdf

Can anyone find out what company that is, and what new building they are talking about. I think it's Altoria.

http://www.stm.info/English/en-bref/agenda_CA100630.pdf

Right !

NOM: 7162936 CANADA INC.

ACTIVITÉS ÉCONOMIQUES

=====================

7215 SOCIÉTÉ DE GESTION

PERSONNES MANQUANTES: NON

NOM ET ADRESSE CODE POSTAL DÉTAIL PERSONNE

====================================== =========== ====================

CORPORATION IMMOBILIÈRE KEVRIC ACTIONNAIRE

ACTIONNAIRE MAJORITA

2401, BROOKFIELD H3P 3N2

MONTRÉAL (QUÉBEC)

• 1 mois plus tard...
My idea: build this in conjunction with a light rail link to the South Shore.

Have the light rail run from the ice breaking bridge or somewhere between the Champlain and Victoria bridges, up the Bonaventure "boulevard". This would not only do away with the patently ridiculous idea of developments on what amounts to a glorified median butit would also allow the light rail to have a DIRECT link to the heart of downtown.

Heck, they're going to have all this unused space; why not make use of it right away?

Things that would need to be done:

- Multi story parking at the Panama terminus

- Elimination of the bus lane on the Champlain (YESS!). It would also stop all this idiotic routing of buses onto side streets.

- Widening the median of the Bonaventure "expressway"

- NO left turns from the Bonaventure all the way up until it turns into University.

That's the only way this administration will sell me on this whole idea.

Any such plan will almost certainly wait till the new champlain bridge is ready (design should be done by 2020, and it should be ready by 2025).check the champlain bridge threads for details.

it will have 2 dedicated bus lanes, and i can imagine that these can be converted into LRT rails with ease.

check cataclaws design for an idea of how it would go, the route has been semi-confirmed by a feasibility report (disregard the metro though):

champ1.jpg