Aller au contenu
publicité

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

3 hours ago, montrealgoalie said:

lol beat me to it

the BAPE is just a smoke show, nothing's going to happen

Don't tell the BAPE that. They have huge powers and the kind of multiple reasons for rejection that their  REM Est report will declare will be the end of the story.   And the politicians will fall all over it with fulsome praise  -  those in Montreal who  do not,  will lose their seats.

publicité
50 minutes ago, geraldshaw said:

Don't tell the BAPE that. They have huge powers and the kind of multiple reasons for rejection that their  REM Est report will declare will be the end of the story.   And the politicians will fall all over it with fulsome praise  -  those in Montreal who  do not,  will lose their seats.

I'm not so sure about that. I do agree that there's a number of problems with the REM B, but ultimately, there's been pressure to get a project to serve Montreal East and Nord for so long that the desire to have this project might ultimately prevail over the apprehension many have. There's also a very real hunger and hope for more after the seeing REM A get announced and built in such a short time span. If anything, I'm actually far more concerned about the possibility that there's a strong enough desire for this project that it could ultimately make it to the build phase with those poor connections we've talked about many times.

2 hours ago, Enalung said:

I'm not so sure about that. I do agree that there's a number of problems with the REM B, but ultimately, there's been pressure to get a project to serve Montreal East and Nord for so long that the desire to have this project might ultimately prevail over the apprehension many have. There's also a very real hunger and hope for more after the seeing REM A get announced and built in such a short time span. If anything, I'm actually far more concerned about the possibility that there's a strong enough desire for this project that it could ultimately make it to the build phase with those poor connections we've talked about many times.

The BAPE is an  eco-zealot  QUANGO  -  a British term - abbreviation -  a   QUANGO is a Quasi Autonomous Government Organization. There is no hope for REM-Est, none.

• Confused 1

il y a 1 minute, geraldshaw a dit :

The BAPE is an  eco-zealot  QUANGO  -  a British term - abbreviation -  a   QUANGO is a Quasi Autonomous Government Organization. There is no hope for REM-Est, none.

Lolll.

Come on.... the rem b will open before the extension of the blue line.

The BAPE...

You are against this project..fine..but stop..

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, geraldshaw said:

Il me semble que le BAPE avait rejeté le REM A, tout comme le Tramway de Québec et pourtant, le REM A est en construction et le Tramway a toutes les autorisations. C'est donc dire qu'assez souvent, le rapport du BAPE ne change pas grand chose. Ils n'ont même pas bordé de faire un BAPE pour la cimenterie McInnis à Port-Daniel. Suffit de suivre l'actualité pour comprendre que le BAPE, il est plus là pour donner bonne conscience que d'autre chose et parfois récolter quelques commentaires pour améliorer le projet.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

il y a 9 minutes, Enalung a dit :

Il me semble que le BAPE avait rejeté le REM A, tout comme le Tramway de Québec et pourtant, le REM A est en construction et le Tramway a toutes les autorisations. C'est donc dire qu'assez souvent, le rapport du BAPE ne change pas grand chose. Ils n'ont même pas bordé de faire un BAPE pour la cimenterie McInnis à Port-Daniel. Suffit de suivre l'actualité pour comprendre que le BAPE, il est plus là pour donner bonne conscience que d'autre chose et parfois récolter quelques commentaires pour améliorer le projet.

En effet.  Le BAPE consulte et informe.  Il ne décide pas.  

Et soyons clairs: le but du BAPE est de consulter et de faire des recommandations liées à l’environnement, mais la plupart de leurs problèmes avec REM-A étaient de nature socio-économique, bien en dehors de leur mandat.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Né entre les rapides said:

En effet.  Le BAPE consulte et informe.  Il ne décide pas.  

So the BAPE rejects building an elevated platform with noisy trains and ugly  shoe box stations along R-L with a scathing report - how many politicians in the east of Montreal  do you really expect to go on to  fight for REM-Est?  

57 minutes ago, geraldshaw said:

So the BAPE rejects building an elevated platform with noisy trains and ugly  shoe box stations along R-L with a scathing report - how many politicians in the east of Montreal  do you really expect to go on to  fight for REM-Est?  

They might as well write the news articles ahead of time since it's all so predictible.

• PQ is preparing 🚽V2 and they are going to need a mighty plunger for that pile of 💩.
  • Québec Solidaire wants to make public transport free. Otherwise, they aren't proposing anything specific. I wonder how they are going to finance that? They are obviously going to oppose. There isn't a plan that isn't going to be too pricy for them.
  • The Liberals want a long term financing plan for public transport, which is another way to say, we're not going to put a specific plan forward. It's extremely hypocritical of them given that this is obviously one of the next few items on the priority list. In other words, they don't want the criticism associated with the plan, but ultimately, they would shamelessly fund and build a similar project. They are also promising free public transport for students and elderly. Welcome to the club? QS is obviously going to accuse them of not promising enough.

As for the rest of the political talk, there's a forum for that.

7 hours ago, SameGuy said:

Et soyons clairs: le but du BAPE est de consulter et de faire des recommandations liées à l’environnement, mais la plupart de leurs problèmes avec REM-A étaient de nature socio-économique, bien en dehors de leur mandat.

Environnement au sens plus large, c'est également environnement social etc.  C'est clair que le rapport sera très négatif.  L'Ontario l'a abolli pour les projets de transport collectif car c'était un S**t show.  Un rapport mentionnait pourquoi n'avez vous pas étudier un transport par pédalo?

• Like 1