Aller au contenu

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

Les risques d'affaissement voire d'effondrement d'édifices sont plutôt étonnants. On construit des gratte-ciel partout au centre-ville, notamment à côté d'autres gratte-ciel et ça ne semble pas poser de problème.

il y a 35 minutes, SameGuy a dit :

How do so many other cities worldwide deal with worse conditions than they might confront here? Every time I return to Singapore there’s a new, underground, downtown line opening up. Singapore is more densely built, with taller buildings, dodgier soil conditions and a mishmash of older construction and infrastructure with which to deal.

Singapore opens a station every couple of months. Their equivalent of the government and ARTM are actually working efficiently and providing value.

Can't blame CDPQi on this, it's not their role nor should it be. They're in it for the $$$ and it's ok given their mandate.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Decel said:

Can't blame CDPQi on this, it's not their role nor should it be. They're in it for the $$$ and it's ok given their mandate.

It’s like the argument that “transit shouldn’t be privatized” sells itself.

Public transit is a social service. Privatize social services and you get… Texas. 😳

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Internist said:

Les autres questions que je me pose concernent les scénarios envisageables. Tel que mentionné, ils ne dérogent pas beaucoup de l’axe initial. Aucun scénario n’est envisagé au nord de René-Lévesque, alors que le milieu bâti au niveau de Sherbrooke est probablement moins hostile (et la station McGill n’est pas tellement profonde - la complexité de la station du REM était d’utiliser le tunnel existant). Est-ce que Saint-Antoine est le seul axe possible au sud? De plus, si la complexité de rabattre la ligne du scénario Viger vers René-Lévesque est trop importante/coûteuse, serait-il possible de demeurer dans un axe plus au sud? Une connexion avec la station Griffintown est-elle possible (et peut-être même un prolongement de Griffintown à la Gare Centrale sur voies dédiées pour ne pas affecter le REM-A)? C’est sans parler que certains des scénarios présentés pourraient être réalisés, mais avec un acteur (gouvernement) pour assurer la prise de risque.

Le plus on qu'on dévie de R-L, le plus on s'éloigne des poles d'emplois, j'imagine qu'il on des étude de destinations. On encouragerais les gens à faire un transfert du REM-B a la ligne verte dans l'est de la ville, ce qui est complètement contre les objectifs de CDPQi étant donné que leur revenue c'est par KM parcouru par utilisateur. 

1 hour ago, Pylône said:

Les risques d'affaissement voire d'effondrement d'édifices sont plutôt étonnants. On construit des gratte-ciel partout au centre-ville, notamment à côté d'autres gratte-ciel et ça ne semble pas poser de problème.

Oui mais les gratte-ciel sont construit à côté de d'autre gratte-ciel qui sont relativement neuve (dans les 10-15 dernières années) on suppose des fondations et des méthodes de construction fiable. Au centre-ville on pense évidemment au roccabella, TdC etc ou sinon c'est des sur des lots avec assez d'espacement. 

Mais sur le segment de R-L qui concerne le REM-B c'est beaucoup des tours des années 60-70, le Complexe Desjardins, H-Q, Telus etc.

Avec l'historique des construction de cette époque je suis vais pas prêt à parier mon argent sur la solidité de ces fondation.

10 minutes ago, Spiter_01 said:

j'imagine qu'il on des étude de destinations.

Then they wouldn’t be proposing a $10 billion automated people mover with such limited capacity and no potential for accommodating future growth. As presented, REM-de-l’Est has too many shortcomings and few proven benefits. As presented, it’s a vanity project.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m still not against an elevated guideway on René-Lévesque; I just can’t support it if it doesn’t integrate well with existing transit (REM-A, exo, and Métro), and by any interpretation of their plans, it will not.

With a finite capacity of just 12,000 passengers per hour, it’s evident that there isn’t huge traffic demand along that alignment to the downtown core. So why will we disfigure the downtown core with an elevated guideway, or in an alternate universe, build an ultra-expensive tunnel under the downtown core, for such limited traffic?

il y a 32 minutes, SameGuy a dit :

It’s like the argument that “transit shouldn’t be privatized” sells itself.

Public transit is a social service. Privatize social services and you get… Texas. 😳

Let's be fair, CDPQi being private is like saying Hydro-Quebec, Loto-Quebec, SAQ, etc is private....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, SameGuy said:

Then they wouldn’t be proposing a $10 billion automated people mover with such limited capacity and no potential for accommodating future growth. As presented, REM-de-l’Est has too many shortcomings and few proven benefits. As presented, it’s a vanity project.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m still not against an elevated guideway on René-Lévesque; I just can’t support it if it doesn’t integrate well with existing transit (REM-A, exo, and Métro), and by any interpretation of their plans, it will not.

I'm not sure I understand the point you're trying to make. They shouldn't be proposing a project that better serves the end user than one that deviates further from their final destination?

I really struggle to see how they could better integrate into the existing transit offering/network besides building into existing stations/ building shared stations. As it stands, the plan connects to all 4 existing metro lines in some way(assuming a blue line extension) with integrated stations at Honoré-Beaugrand, Assumption and Lacordaire. Less than ideal but presumably direct access to Berri-Uqam by the Labelle and Gare-Central with the Robert-Bourassa station. It connects to the train de l'est at the terminal station in PaT. It also connects to the SRB Pie-IX. It even has a laughably close but not connected station with Cartier to the green lines Papineau station.

It pretty much connects everywhere it can. It laughably offers 4 connections to the green line if you count Cartier and Berri.

Modifié par Spiter_01
  • Thanks 1