Aller au contenu

Station Fairview-Pointe-Claire - Discussion

Messages recommendés

33 minutes ago, p_xavier said:

Le terminus d'autobus va être déménagé à la station du REM.

*sigh" That old terminus was really convenient for the locals who could just walk into the shopping center. The REM terminus is some ways out across a massive parking. It does not affect me, but I do have a bus station like that in my city, way out there across a similarly massive parking. I do absolutely everything I can to avoid having to go shop at those stores. It is just way too inconvenient. I've also got a bus station where you can literally wait in between the 2 doors at the shopping center. They are going to need to give this one a bit more though, and if at all possible, make at least one stop closer to the shopping center. They could also build a walkway, but that would be a mighty long walkway. To be perfectly honest, I've just never really liked the location of that REM station. I would have placed it at least 500 meters further to the east.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Enalung said:

*sigh" That old terminus was really convenient for the locals who could just walk into the shopping center. The REM terminus is some ways out across a massive parking. It does not affect me, but I do have a bus station like that in my city, way out there across a similarly massive parking. I do absolutely everything I can to avoid having to go shop at those stores. It is just way too inconvenient. I've also got a bus station where you can literally wait in between the 2 doors at the shopping center. They are going to need to give this one a bit more though, and if at all possible, make at least one stop closer to the shopping center. They could also build a walkway, but that would be a mighty long walkway. To be perfectly honest, I've just never really liked the location of that REM station. I would have placed it at least 500 meters further to the east.

At least this station makes more sense compared to the one being built near the Colisee. Say you live near St Charles and the 40, you can hop on the bus to Kirkland station and it takes under 10 mins. 

There are two options for you to get home:

* Get off at Fairview and take 1 bus and should be 15 mins.

* Get off at Kirkland and take 2 buses, it will take like 30 mins if no delays - all this because Elkas has no bus stops. They shouldn't call it a boulevard, but a street or avenue.

il y a une heure, jesseps a dit :

* Get off at Kirkland and take 2 buses, it will take like 30 mins if no delays - all this because Elkas has no bus stops. They shouldn't call it a boulevard, but a street or avenue.

Instead of changing the designation from boulevard to street or avenue, "they" should allow buses (with stops) on Elkas.  I know of similar roads which despite their relative narrowness have bus lines, including some important ones.  Is it a problem of "acceptability"?

Elkas is a very narrow street with calming measures. It’s McMansion residential on one side, and schools and playing fields on the other. It’s a 30 zone and the calming measures — sidewalk bulges, doglegs, and speed humps — all help maintain that low speed. It is not a thoroughfare, but it is heavily-used because of the schools and parks, as well as for access to the subdivision behind it. There will never be city buses on Elkas.

12 minutes ago, SameGuy said:

Elkas is a very narrow street with calming measures. It’s McMansion residential on one side, and schools and playing fields on the other. It’s a 30 zone and the calming measures — sidewalk bulges, doglegs, and speed humps — all help maintain that low speed. It is not a thoroughfare, but it is heavily-used because of the schools and parks, as well as for access to the subdivision behind it. There will never be city buses on Elkas.

I should start a petition to change Elkas Blvd to Elkas St to reflect the nature of the area. If they dislike that, another petition to have buses on it. They can't have it both ways.

17 minutes ago, jesseps said:

another petition to have buses on it

LFS buses do not fit on Elkas. Even yellow school buses barely fit, and only drive on the widest section from Jean-Yves to the Parc des Bénévoles parking lot, and do not go past the dogleg where it gets even more narrow (after already bouncing over one speed hump). The calming measures are in place precisely because of the school, the garderie, the walking and bike paths, and sports fields; it’s a zone that is heavily used by families, athletes, and school-aged children. 

• 3 semaines plus tard...