Aller au contenu

Ouvrages d'art - Antenne Rive-Sud

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

il y a 19 minutes, prav0008 a dit :

Les trains amtrak et VIA Rail utilisent tous deux du diesel. Même pour les nouveaux trains. Donc peu probable je pense.

TGF prévoit en électrique où c'est possible. Je ne vois pas d'enjeux avec l'électrification avec l'appui de la CDPQ.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, prav0008 said:

Seems like the old rusty catenary structures on the viaduct south of wellington will stay and be retrofitted to carry the REM wires. They seem to have added new elements to them instead of removing them like the ones north of wellington.. 

These will likely be removed soon, just a matter of which crews have access to each sector and when. NouvLR crews are still finishing up the new embankment along Smith and the widening of the de la Commune overpass; the CN (or authorized 3rd-party) crews will remove the old porticos when they have clear access.

53 minutes ago, SameGuy said:

These will likely be removed soon, just a matter of which crews have access to each sector and when. NouvLR crews are still finishing up the new embankment along Smith and the widening of the de la Commune overpass; the CN (or authorized 3rd-party) crews will remove the old porticos when they have clear access.

I was hoping they would but they attached a shiny new structure onto it. Seems over the top as a mitagation measure. Though I've seen them do some pretty questionable things in this city.. 

1 hour ago, Enalung said:

I actually kind of liked the old porticos. They may not be the prettiest thing in the world, but they have a certain style that the new catenaries don't.

I don’t remember there being a barrage of signals affixed to the old porticos, so I’m wondering why the new standards over the mainline rails are so huge.

The new catenary system is one of the ugliest I have seen so far. It looks like a temporary structure and it clearly did not receive any aesthetics considerations. Sadly, it's unlikely to be retrofitted to something better looking in the medium-term, as it would be seen as frivolous and a a waste of money to upgrade a new and perfectly functioning system, especially when it's managed by a for-profit entity. The ridership will likely not be affected by such considerations, just like most drivers don't avoid the Métropolitaine on the basis that they do not like how awful it looks. 

The fact that we have lax policies in place - or lack thereof - that allow such amateurism to flourish and disfigure our city is very concerning. There are villages and cities that regulate every aspects of the public domain, from imposing the type of material that can be used on a facade to regulating the architectural style that can be built. If you were to build something that is contrary to the rules, you have to correct it or you are forced to destroy it. Without encouraging an overly homogeneous style or imposing a overly heavy bureaucratic burden, we should take a look at how so many cities (yes, many of them European) manage to regulate more than just the number of floors...

il y a 11 minutes, Internist a dit :

The new catenary system is one of the ugliest I have seen so far.

Je suis d’accord que c’est pas très joli. Je serais curieux de voir des exemples de caténaires esthétiquement attrayants toutefois? C’est possible?