Aller au contenu

Appartements Dorchester - 37 étages

montréaliste

Messages recommendés

On 2021-04-03 at 7:46 PM, mtlrdp said:

Unfortunately the building is in the wrong location (old Montreal)

To me, part of the appeal is the setting. It wouldn't be the same if it was sandwiched in with a bunch of other towers.

On 2021-04-03 at 7:47 PM, FrancSoisD said:

I confess to having this impression, especially seen from the east of the Pd'A, confirmed last night after passing on N-D! 😃

More info:

- black granite envelope of Lake St. John

- its height is 432 feet / 131.7 m

Source (Cultural Heritage of Qc).

I don't believe the building is 432 feet. It looks closer to 400 feet.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, BilMo said:

To me, part of the appeal is the setting. It wouldn't be the same if it was sandwiched in with a bunch of other towers.

I don't believe the building is 432 feet. It looks closer to 400 feet.

I totally agree with your first paragraph.

Perhaps the reason why you may have the impression the present Old Mtl BNC tower seems shorter than it actually is: class-A office floors are usually between 30-50+% taller than typical residential floors. At ~5,25 m / flr, this is substantially taller than 3,08 m. (Dorchester Appts' on avg. measure approx. 58,7% of the height of BNC's, or put otherwise: BNC's are close to 70,5% taller than its contemporary downtown cousin if i'm not mathematically mistaken!) :)

That, plus the fact this granite beauty is quite wide in regards to its height. (Let's see if @Rocco ends up calling it a "fatty", LOL! 😜)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FrancSoisD said:

That, plus the fact this granite beauty is quite wide in looks to its height. (Let's see if @Rocco ends up calling it a "fatty", LOL! 😜)

I do like the proportions of 500 Place D'Armes. The tower's width and depth is almost exactly the same as the CIBC (rotated 90 degrees).