Aller au contenu
publicité

REM (ligne A) - Discussion générale

Messages recommendés

A220-300, peaked at 88 dB, but less than ten seconds over 80 dB. At 4000 feet over St Laurent homes, you're barely hearing that in your yard that you never use, never mind inside your McMansion's massive master bedroom.

publicité
1 hour ago, SameGuy said:

A220-300, peaked at 88 dB, but less than ten seconds over 80 dB. At 4000 feet over St Laurent homes, you're barely hearing that in your yard that you never use, never mind inside your McMansion's massive master bedroom.

Yea I must have been hallucinating

Must be the jet fuel fumes eh?

How long ago? I did say "modern mainline aircraft." Planes used to rattle windows at 10,000 feet! But regardless, you knew about the flight path at the time, and loud old planes are many minutes apart at YUL. Even at rush hours, the loudest planes – the ones I suspect you consider "loud as hell" – are several minutes apart; the rest of the day, there might be a handful per hour. As for staying at a cardboard box budget hotel directly at the end of the runway, well, you stayed at a cardboard box budget hotel directly at the end of the runway! 

2 hours ago, SameGuy said:

How long ago? I did say "modern mainline aircraft." Planes used to rattle windows at 10,000 feet! But regardless, you knew about the flight path at the time, and loud old planes are many minutes apart at YUL. Even at rush hours, the loudest planes – the ones I suspect you consider "loud as hell" – are several minutes apart; the rest of the day, there might be a handful per hour. As for staying at a cardboard box budget hotel directly at the end of the runway, well, you stayed at a cardboard box budget hotel directly at the end of the runway! 

I wasn't complaining was I?  You must work for the aerospace to be so defensive :P

I had a crummy appartment at the time (5 years ago) in St Laurent directly under the flight path and I was on the 4th floor. It was corner Alexis-Nihon and Highway 40

But like I said I quickly got used to it and it just became background noise that I stopped noticing after a while.

I figure it'll be the same for these cry baby penthouse owners.

- Ascenceur toujours défect à la station Gare Centrale. Hallucinant.

- Tourniquets toujours pas installés dans les stations. La rentrée approche. Wtf you didnt plan it in advance?

- Les wagons vont à une vitesse tellement lente. Tellement que des enfants dans le train disaient "pourquoi ça va pas plus vite?" J'en reviens pas. C'est quoi le problème? Le train va dérailler?? Ça allait pas plus vite que 40km/h durant tout le trajet Gare Centrale - IDS. Colice CDPQi, active la vitesse.

• Haha 2

Il y a 18 heures, Rocco a dit :

Tellement que des enfants dans le train disaient "pourquoi ça va pas plus vite?" J'en reviens pas. C'est quoi le problème? Le train va dérailler?? Ça allait pas plus vite que 40km/h durant tout le trajet Gare Centrale - IDS. CDPQi, active la vitesse.

Nonobstant le fait que tu nous démontres que tu es aussi pleurnichard que de jeunes enfants, sache que plus la vitesse est élevée, plus le train est bruyant. Et ça risque d'aller encore moins vite quand les fendants du WSLB vont emménager et  venir s'ajouter aux rangs grandissants des chiâleux qui se plaignent déjà du bruit du REM. :yikes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1