Aller au contenu

YUL - 38, 38 étages (2021)

mattrga

Messages recommendés

Don't know about you, but if I drop 100M on a building, I should be able to do rainbow patterns if I wanted to.

Sorry for being cocky, but anywhere you go, cities always try to keep some kind of logic with their buildings color. From Paris to Miami, through most of villages in Europe. Your rainbow pattern will be most probably welcomed in Valparaiso, but not in Montreal.

Je ne pense pas que si tu as de l,argent, tu peux faire ce que tu veux. Pire recette pour des abus. Je ne peux pas croire qu'on puisse justifier ça. Are we back in the 19th century?

Sorry for being cocky, but anywhere you go, cities always try to keep some kind of logic with their buildings color. From Paris to Miami, through most of villages in Europe. Your rainbow pattern will be most probably welcomed in Valparaiso, but not in Montreal.

Not sure if you appreciated the nuance of my comment.

Barring the recent construction boom, the city was starved for development. I get the whole color logic thing, but sometimes that logic could be changed, it shouldn't be set in stone. Especially not with a massive tax revenue stream associated with a building of that magnitude.

Je ne pense pas que si tu as de l,argent, tu peux faire ce que tu veux. Pire recette pour des abus. Je ne peux pas croire qu'on puisse justifier ça. Are we back in the 19th century?

Non je ne pense pas ça non plus.

Par contre, un building vert est un excellent compromis pour les taxes générés par un édifice d'envergure. Non? Maybe I'm the crazy one.

Par contre, un building vert est un excellent compromis pour les taxes générés par un édifice d'envergure. Non? Maybe I'm the crazy one.

Pour mon humble avis, que cet édifice ait été bleu, vert, ou bleu-vert, ça n'aurait pas changé grand chose. Mais la ville a demandé du bleu et Canvar n'a pas fait de vague. Alors... end of the story.

I agree. In fact, I think we need more color ingeneral in this city. I just don't think it should be given because somebody has money and asks for it.

But yeah, I understand what you mean.