Aller au contenu

REM (ligne A) - Discussion générale

Messages recommendés

Connectivity is pretty bad in that area. I agree with the urban boulevard. Emphasis on the urban. It should have sidewalks, bicycle lanes and no more than 2 vehicle lanes per direction. If any development is to occur along that boulevard, it should be urban in nature given the proximity to the REM station (i.e. transit-oriented development).

I'm not convinced such a boulevard would need to extend beyond Antoine-Faucon though, as  connectivity north of this collector is better and an extension beyond that point could have negative impacts (sprawl, induced demand, etc.)

Yes to the boulevard, but it needs to be designed well to avoid repeating blunders of the past. The goal should be to improve access to the station, build TODs and leverage transit connections.. not generate new 1960s sprawl.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GDS said:

Source:  http://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/west-island-gazette/pierrefonds-roxboro-mayor-remains-hopeful-for-new-urban-boulevard

"“That’s something we’ve been working on for years. It’s pencilled in the capital works program, but with no clear indication this will happen anytime soon. It’s possibly longterm planning and won’t be even looked at till 2020, which is unreasonable.

56 minutes ago, Cataclaw said:

Connectivity is pretty bad in that area. I agree with the urban boulevard. Emphasis on the urban. It should have sidewalks, bicycle lanes and no more than 2 vehicle lanes per direction. If any development is to occur along that boulevard, it should be urban in nature given the proximity to the REM station (i.e. transit-oriented development).

I'm not convinced such a boulevard would need to extend beyond Antoine-Faucon though, as  connectivity north of this collector is better and an extension beyond that point could have negative impacts (sprawl, induced demand, etc.)

Yes to the boulevard, but it needs to be designed well to avoid repeating blunders of the past. The goal should be to improve access to the station, build TODs and leverage transit connections.. not generate new 1960s sprawl.

I agree.  But then again the whole area immediately southeast of the shopping center would need to be redone as well.  The fact that the service road of a major artery on the island of Montreal simply stops at Ste Marie is inconceivable.  Any future project MUST properly connect the service road from Ste Marie to the service road at Morgan.  

il y a 20 minutes, Philippe a dit :

Selon le 98.5fm, Bombardier regarde ses recours  pour tenter de faire renverser la décision de donner le contrat à Alstom...

On apprend aussi que Alstom prévoit faire ses wagons en Inde et en Pologne. 

Selon ce qui a été dit au 98,5,  leur argument reposerait sur le fait que SNC soit membre des deux consortiums gagnants, ce qui les aurait indûment avantagé ou un truc du genre.

12 minutes ago, nephersir7 said:

Selon ce qui a été dit au 98,5,  leur argument reposerait sur le fait que SNC soit membre des deux consortiums gagnants, ce qui les aurait indûment avantagé ou un truc du genre.

In that case the exact same thing could have been said about the consortium Bombardier was part of.  

1 minute ago, nephersir7 said:

No. Bombardier only bid on the rollign stock and operations contract, and they didn't pair up with other companies.

Eh, whatever.  They screwed up and paid for it, as they should have.  

And plus, had the bid gone the other way Alstom could have very well claimed anything from insider meddling to conflict of interest.  

CAF avait fait la même chose lors de l'appel d'offre du remplacement des voitures de métro. Et avant ça, Alstom avait contesté la tentative d'attribution du contrat gré à gré à Bombardier, ce qui avait mené à la création d'un consortium.

C'est une pratique pénible, mais courante.

Modifié par Megafolie