Aller au contenu
publicité

Messages recommendés

publicité
  • Réponses 439
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

Longueuil has always been one step ahead of the game compared to every other suburb in the metropolis. They started to implement transit oriented design 20 years ago, while Brossard and Laval looked on. Longueuil's Metro/RTL Terminus is the largest bus hub in Canada. There's nothing in Toronto or Vancouver that even comes close to it. It's like a small airport, all for the RTL. The RTL's Brossard-Panama terminus should have some TOD. There is a Loblaws not too far from there next to Highway10 that was built over a decade ago under the condition that they (Loblaws) developed the land between the store and the highway. The only thing that happens is that the Terminus keeps buying up the land for a parking lot. The vacant lot next to the Loblaws is enough land to build a whole complex of condo towers of various heights. In Brossard, I'm not sure what the height limit it, but 15 storeys might be the maximum, but they should go higher. Those condos would sell.

Amenities:

Next to RTL Terminus with a 12 minute bus ride on line#45 to 1000 La Gauchetiere.

Next to Loblaws.

Also next to a small strip mall with contains a Le Scratch.

Across the street from the Champlain Mall.

Three minutes driving away from Dix30.

Next to Brossard bikepath system.

Easy access to Boul.Tachereau.

Easy access to highway 10 going east and the Champlain Bridge.

Excellent Idea Maisonneuve. You are correct about the Loblaws lands next to the highway. I played gold with a couple of city councillors from Brossard last summer and they mentionned that For some technical reason, Loblaws was able to get out of that arrangement. They WERE SUPPOSED to build condos on that piece of land, but for some reason, they managed to get out of it!

It's unfortunate, cause you are absolutely right. It has great potential. Smack in the middle of the action. walking distance from the Panama bus station, acces to loads of shopping and other amenities. I don't understand why no other developper hasn't bought up the land to develop it?!?!

As far as a height limit is concerned, My guess is that it is limited at 14 stories. No other towers in Brossard exceed that height, so I'd assume it,s 14 floors! Although, in that area, you could easily go higher, without bothering anyone!

Excellent Idea Maisonneuve. You are correct about the Loblaws lands next to the highway. I played gold with a couple of city councillors from Brossard last summer and they mentionned that For some technical reason, Loblaws was able to get out of that arrangement. They WERE SUPPOSED to build condos on that piece of land, but for some reason, they managed to get out of it!

I remember that story when Loblaws first opened, the zoning plan for that land was of higher density of what the loblaws is, and the plan was to build a tower next to it, office if I recall correctly, which would have brought everything up the the density required. Then a couple of days before the loblaws was supposed to open, the then owner of the metro at Mail Champlain sued Loblaws and seek to have the grocery store DEMOLISHED since it was not complying with municipal density regulation. And the judge ruled in favor of the Metro owner, thus requiring the Loblaws to be demolished even before it opened. They went into appeal and won on the basis that phase 2 that was planned would have brought the whole land up to par with the city regulation.

http://www.internationallawoffice.com/Newsletters/detail.aspx?g=497de6ec-9497-4fbe-b3c3-34608d93f0d7

Oui c'est en plein ça. Merci WestAust!

Le juge Tellier avait raison. Loblaws a fabriquer cette phase 2 juste pour combler la régle de zonage. Nous voilà 10 ans plus tard et il n,y a toujours rien. Aucuns plans, aucune tentative de développer le terrain de la part de Loblaws. Je crois que la juge Otis à reçu une belle petite enveloppe brune de Loblaws pour qu'elle renverse la décision du juge Tellier (qui lui avait vu juste).

Vive notre système corrompu! :rolleyes:

Modifié par Habsfan