Messages recommendés

publicité
  • Réponses 196
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

Membres prolifiques

Photos publiées

Francely: Any picture where i have to enter another building and climb up a dozen flight of stairs or more to get a picture is exclusive!

Haha, of course your pictures are (pix from an exclusive location > pix from a vehicle)!

C'était juste une drôle de coïncidence d'avoir pris nos photos exactement en même temps (je vais rarement près du Simpson).

• 2 semaines plus tard...

Great project. Finally getting something on that lot. I actually think the Nimby's did a disservice to themselves complaining about 10 vs 12 stories. Firstly, are you kidding? There is no difference btw 10 and 12. Secondly if they hate the Port Royal so much, they should have aimed to get something 15 or 18 stories on the site in order to camouflage to Port Royal and better integrate it in the surroundings. As such, it now continues to stick out like a sore thumb in their view.

I actually like the Port Royal. Beautiful mid-century design. Gets better with age like so many do. Also, it is a very glamourous building and the apartments are like those in Westmount Square. At least be glad it is not in white painted brick like so many in Manhattan from the same period.

well, we don't know what Square Phillips is going to look like... I am critical of the emplacement and the scheme for the site. Building a class A office building in the surrounded by smaller, odd collection of nondescript blgs is well, odd and shortsighted. The rendition is also a square box. Montreal needs to mix it up a bit with original design.

As for port Royal, yes it is huge but it is a brilliant example of mid-century architecture. My favorite buildings are CIL House (Telus) by Gordon Bunshaft who did the Lever House in NYC and CIBC by Peter Dickinson, as I am a huge fan of international style.