Aller au contenu

Autoroute 10 (Bonaventure - portion au nord du canal (boul. urbain))

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

3 minutes ago, lnykgz said:

There should have been a ramp over there. It should be the last phase of Bonaventure Project, but seems that the ramp won't be coming. They need to provide an explanation if the plan has been changed.

image.png.16cb5df4e068640407e8d7c0b74c41ad.png

This should get built, Wellington is a fkn mess at all times of the day now. Paying cops and cadets to control the lights at rush hour and on weekends. 

3 minutes ago, Alexcaban said:

This should get built, Wellington is a fkn mess at all times of the day now. Paying cops and cadets to control the lights at rush hour and on weekends. 

Yes, the ramp will make the drivers' life much easier who heading south, and also easy the traffic on Wellington. Why is it cancelled? I have been holding my breath for 2 years for the answer.

Le 2020-09-22 à 00:05, Rocco a dit :

Montréal je t'aime, Montréal, Montréal....

C'est beau, l'amour ne s'explique pas.

Il y a 12 heures, Rocco a dit :

Le genre de trottoir où tu vas pas te promener à minuit le soir... À moins de vouloir finir dans un Dossiers Mystères.

Pas de raison d'être surpris: ce trottoir en contrebas de l'autoroute côté ouest était déja amorcé à partir de Wellington vers le sud jusqu'à l'axe de la rue Brennan: il continuera simplement jusqu'à la rue de la Commune, passera sous l'autoroute et rejoindra le trottoir existant côté est qui va jusqu'à Wellington: à cet endroit, c'est l'Entrée de Ville Bonaventure.  Il est vrai que présentement les abords du côté ouest ne sont guère invitants, mais ça devrait changer.  En attendant ce "jour", je suivrais bien ton conseil...

22 minutes ago, BLM.tank said:

There used to be a ramp there. It was destroyed. 

The old ramp has been destroyed with the old Autoroute 10 highway in 2016, the new ramp should have been built with the Bonaventure Project. Please watch the video. The supporting pillows for the new Brennan ramp were kept and had been reinforced last year, but the new ramp did not come.

image.png.9b57f0122cb48d16c581076f5efde908.png

Modifié par lnykgz

55 minutes ago, lnykgz said:

The old ramp has been destroyed with the old Autoroute 10 highway in 2016, the new ramp should have been built with the Bonaventure Project. Please watch the video. The supporting pillows for the new Brennan ramp were kept and had been reinforced last year, but the new ramp did not come.

image.png.9b57f0122cb48d16c581076f5efde908.png

I'm no engineer but my rational was that they couldn't destroy that structure without compromising the integrity of the elevated highway. Perhaps they'll build a bridge over the basin so people cna get to the canal or future baseball stadium easily? Who knows. But there are pedestrian lights built into the elevated highway streetlights projecting onto this "future walkway". They've been projecting for ages now. At debris.. Dirt.. Gravel.. Stones.. Grass.. 

10 hours ago, J.S said:

The new streetlights were originally T shaped so that one side would illuminate the ramp.

https://www.google.com/maps/@45.4948484,-73.554599,3a,75y,182.71h,87.2t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sz47Lk35dKCsqowGyWX-lQA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

They've since been altered, as you can see in the recent photos.

Very interesting observation!The ramp side of the new streetlights has been removed at some point since last August. Obviously they changed their idea not to continue to build up the new ramp after the supporting pillows had been rebuilt.

The ramp got demolished because it was in very poor condition. In the original project it was supposed to be reused and was initially inspected to be in decent enough structural condition. Later it was discovered that the structure was very deteriorated and there was no money in the budget to completely rebuild it.

There was a lawsuit against the company that made the original inspection that turned out to be incorrect.

I was very much looking forward to this ramp getting rebuilt. I miss the old Brennan street going under the highway. It was a nice way to bypass all the traffic pileups to escape the city. It used to be possible to turn left going west on Wellington and St Jacques. Now everyone leaving old Montreal is trapped on either St Antoine or William (which is a disaster area now). All that did was create needless traffic jams. Didn't decrease car use in any way.

• Like 1