Messages recommendés

publicité
  • Réponses 1,1k
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

Membres prolifiques

Photos publiées

Only in Montreal it seems do we see such an abundant use of concrete panels for towers. Is it because it's cheaper than large glass façades? is it economics?

They are easy to install, better isolation performance in winter, and yes they are not so expensive.

I passed by a couple days ago and it looked pretty black to me. I think the charcoal colour might just be from the sun reflecting off of the panels.

Call me crazy, but personally I really like this material. Glass, stone and brick are being used in enough new buildings these days that I think this is a refreshing change, even if it's used on several projects around the city. And materials like the stucco look of the Lepine Simpson usually only work for buildings with "classic" architecture.

Not to mention, with the rest of the world going glass, glass, glass with all their new skyscrapers it's nice to be a bit different. For all we know in a couple years it could be praised as the "style montrealais" ;).