Aller au contenu
publicité

Le Quartier des spectacles

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

publicité
La patinoire extérieure semble donc avoir été abandonnée pour le projet de l'Esplanade Clark.

Aucune mention sur le site de la ville. On peut voir une image de quoi aura l'air cette esplanade

Je ne crois pas que l'idée de la patinoire a été abandonnée. Ce n'est juste pas officiel encore, alors la Ville ne pourra pas l'insérer sur leur site.

La patinoire extérieure semble donc avoir été abandonnée pour le projet de l'Esplanade Clark.

Aucune mention sur le site de la ville. On peut voir une image de quoi aura l'air cette esplanade

Dans La Presse le 22 janvier 2011

"L'espoir est ailleurs, et pas loin. Il se pourrait que, dans un avenir moyennement rapproché, Montréalais et Montréalaises puissent s'ébattre - prudence avec les lames, quand même! - sur une grande patinoire à glace artificielle sur la future esplanade Clark. Donnant sur la rue Sainte-Catherine, en plein milieu du Quartier des spectacles. Qui, par la voix de son vice-président Jacques Primeau, en a lancé l'idée, il y a deux ans.

Et Gérald Tremblay a dit: «Ça va se faire.» Jusqu'à maintenant, dans ce sur quoi il a autorité dans le Quartier des spectacles, le maire a «livré». Le partenariat du Quartier des spectacles et la Ville travaillent actuellement à un plan pour intégrer une grande patinoire dans ledit quartier, en face de la Maison du développement durable. Plan qui pourrait être présenté au comité exécutif au cours de la prochaine année."

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/actualites/regional/montreal/201101/22/01-4362755-dans-les-plans-une-grande-patinoire-rue-clark.php

• 1 mois plus tard...

The Quartier des spectacles started out as an economic development tool for Montreal. Clever marketing people viewed it as a way of cashing in on the city's reputation as a music-mad bon vivant

The Gazette May 17, 2011 8:09 AM Be the first to post a comment

MONTREAL - Who would have imagined that a glint in an accountant's eye would a few short years later lead to musical swings, giant luminous spheres, vermilion water fountains - and an even greater flourishing of the city's effervescent creative spirit?

But it has. Montrealers have only to wander into the Quartier des spectacles to appreciate what happens when a city like theirs puts its mind to showcasing its creative talents: On Tuesday, about 90 dancers, musicians, artists, circus performers and others will give performances within the perimeter of the Quartier. (With an area of almost a square kilometre, the Quartier is bounded by City Councillors, Berri and Sherbrooke Sts. and René Lévesque Blvd.)

Nominally a celebration of Montreal's 369th anniversary, Tuesday's performances will also serve to introduce Montrealers to the revamped entertainment district, already familiar under its previous guise to the thousands of people who attend the Montreal International Jazz Festival and the Just for Laughs festival.

Although still under construction, the district houses 30 performance and cultural venues with a total seating capacity of 28,000. There will also be exhibition centres and art galleries, anchored by the Place des Arts complex. As many as 8,500 people will work in the area.

Although the cost of revamping the entertainment district has crept up and will cost $49.3 million over three years to complete, it should still be viewed as a worthwhile investment for the city.

Other cities, including some with little claim to artistic vitality, have turned to culture as a way of driving their economies - and most have met with resounding success. In the U.S., Denver was seen in the late 1980s as a backwater, but according to U.S. economist David Malmuth, a dedicated .01-per-cent sales tax amounting to $42 million in 2007 generated nearly $1.7 billion in economic activity in the region.

Another example Malmuth cites is Miami. The Florida city in 2002 became home to the Art Basel Miami, a branch of Art Basel, considered one of the most prestigious art fairs in the world. The five-day event generates almost $500 million in economic activity, without counting what buyers spend on art works.

Supporting the newly refurbished and expanded entertainment district is as easy as getting on a swing. Speaking of which, we have until May 23 to enjoy the 21-swing orchestra. They will be back in the fall, but why wait?

© Copyright © The Montreal Gazette

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/entertainment/Quartier+puts+city+creative+talents+display/4788284/story.html#ixzz1McDZ4A2A

• 2 semaines plus tard...

I didn't know where to put this, and perhaps someone has already mentioned it, but I was in the Quartier des Spectacles today, and I noticed they just started re-cladding the ugly yellow UQAM building with grey brick! If you ask me, it looks much nicer than the original yellow-stained facade.

I didn't know where to put this, and perhaps someone has already mentioned it, but I was in the Quartier des Spectacles today, and I noticed they just started re-cladding the ugly yellow UQAM building with grey brick! If you ask me, it looks much nicer than the original yellow-stained facade.

J'en ai pris une photo en passant cet après-midi. Nette amélioration!

attachment.php?attachmentid=1672&d=1306961293

IMG_20110601_140910-1.jpg

your in wrong thread

Nope, Chris wrote about it here, and since it doesn't have a thread of itself, I just answered here, but if we were to talk more about it or if anything significant was going on, we'll start a new thread. ;)