Aller au contenu
publicité

Waldorf Astoria Montréal - 35 étages (2007)

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

publicité
Lors de mon passage dans les bureaux de l'arrondissement de Ville-Marie ce matin j'ai pu voir un plande la ville datand du 10 septembre 2010 et qui mentionne les gros projets soit en chantier ou soit autorisé. Le Waldorf y figure avec une petite photo et des informations dans un encadré situé sur le plan.

Voici ce qui est écrit dans l'encadré:

- 225 chambres d'hotel dans les 15 premier étages

- 116 unités de logements

- 400 unités de stationnements

- investissement de 125 millions

Bref, le projet ne semble pas mort.......

:thumbsup: Bravo Steve pour toutes ces enquêtes qui nous confirment certains projets.

I know it has been said before 2013. Its nice to know it will also house residential units. Plus it seems only a few of the Waldorf hotels are also residences. Nice to see Montreal makes the list.

This is what the one under construction in Israel looks like...

9884838-lg.jpg

Its quite small compared to ours. Also the one in London's Syon Park is quite small also.

Si ça marche, il resterait un Four Seasons à obtenir ici.

Its quite possible that we will see the Four Seasons here :) Also hopefully the Shangri-La will be in Montreal soon, seeing they are opening one in 2012 in Toronto and there is one in Vancouver already *crosses fingers for 2015-2020*

We still got a list of luxury hotel chains (not found in Montreal): Luxury Collection (Starwood), The Peninsula, Mandarin Oriental, Cosmopolitan and Morgans Hotel Group

Modifié par jesseps

Off-topic a little bit, but: the word "collection" just makes Waldorf=Astoria seem so exclusive and wonderful. The word collection here evokes images of a museum filled with priceless artifacts.. so like something rare and to be treasured, Waldorf=Astoria brands itself as a top-of-the-line exclusive series of hotels. This isn't just an ordinary hotel.. it's part of a collection! Oooh!

If I ever open up hot dog joint, i'll have to figure out a way to throw in the word "Collection" in there... :)

Off-topic a little bit, but: the word "collection" just makes Waldorf=Astoria seem so exclusive and wonderful. The word collection here evokes images of a museum filled with priceless artifacts.. so like something rare and to be treasured, Waldorf=Astoria brands itself as a top-of-the-line exclusive series of hotels. This isn't just an ordinary hotel.. it's part of a collection! Oooh!

If I ever open up hot dog joint, i'll have to figure out a way to throw in the word "Collection" in there... :)

Plus you can probably double the price of the hot dog ;) Just make sure its within the law, seeing this chocolate store in NY getting fined, seeing they have "library" in their name and the Department of Education going after them seeing it doesn't have a proper permit to be allowed to be called "library".

I just checked Wikipedia and it seems there is so far around 9 of the W=A hotels using the "collection" banner, out of the 26 (current / under-development) W=A hotels. I really like the Hilton Group, they have different types of chains, at different price points all over the world. Its one of the more comprehensive chains to say the least.

2013 can't come soon enough :( Let's go already!!! One more thing I noticed checking other major luxury hotel chains, some or most do not even operate in Australia.

Modifié par jesseps

If the penthouse at the ritz sells for $1625 psf, and average units in the simpson sell north of $700 psf...it is clear that montreal citizens and foreign investors are prepared to pay up for luxury. the question is whether there is true depth at the top end of the market?

vancouver sustains pricing at the top-end due to a continuous influx of top quality projects and bottomless asian capital and toronto due to high levels of immigration pushing up the bottom end, plus investment banking salaries and some foreign investment. old montreal money will only take us so far, so it will be interesting to see what the buyer profile is for this project.

this is the biggest luxury development in montreal and the Kotler family is typically very conservative, so i cannot blame them for holding off until the summer and grand prix weekend to launch the project to ensure that it sells hard and fast. nonetheless, if any of us have a spare couple million to buy a unit, do us all a favour and step up as a buyer.

Si ça marche, il resterait un Four Seasons à obtenir ici.

N'oublions pas le Hilton au coin de Guy et René-Lévesque! Ce sera un projet spectaculaire(si jamais il se construit).

Je suis bien content de voir que le Waldorf n'est pas mort. Je sais que nous avons notre Smoked Meet de prévu pour le 29 décembre, mais si jamais la construction du Waldorf commence à l'été de 2011, on devrait faire une deuxième rencontre, mais cette fois, ce sera dans les rues de la ville pour aller prendre des photos des projets en construction.

if any of us have a spare couple million to buy a unit, do us all a favour and step up as a buyer.

You're a funny guy!! ;);)

• 2 mois plus tard...

Merci à Majinoo d'avoir trouvé l'article. Il faut croire que le Projet du Waldorf n'est pas mort!

À l'angle des rues Sherbrooke et Guy, Monit Investments veut aussi construire deux tours jumelles de 32 étages sur le site de ce stationnement. La première accueillerait un hôtel Waldorf Astoria; la seconde, des condos. L'entreprise prévoit ouvrir son bureau de ventes dès cet été.

(http://tvanouvelles.ca/lcn/infos/reg...22-171807.html)

Modifié par Habsfan

Its official just received email from Waldorf Astoria rep ... summer office will be oppening ;-)

this is email he wrote to me :

''The project is in development. The sales and marketing office will be opening this summer.

Jonathan Goldbloom