Aller au contenu
publicité

Waldorf Astoria Montréal - 35 étages (2007)

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

publicité

Le risque est moins grand à Montréal. 58 étages à Philadelphie et seulement un petit 32 étages à Montréal + Montréal a le Grand Prix (parce que tout le monde sait qu'avec un Grand Prix, tu peux avoir un Waldorf :))

It's not really Waldorf's risk. It's Monit's. They are the private developers and owners of the asset that will built... to the specifications of Waldorf=Astoria; Waldorf will then have the management contract.

Merci pour la nuance. Pour la faisabilité, je demeure confiant. Le marché américain est particulièrement moribond ces temps-ci, mais pas celui de Montréal. De plus il y a de la place ici pour ce créneau, plus ou moins abandonné par le Ritz.......... Restons confiant.:)

wow i was just gonna post my worries about this project ...

although i knew the "ville-marie" board had been taken down (fallen") some months ago, i walked by the site last week to see if anything else had been put in it's place to announce the project and found nothing. now, i haven't been following these types of projects as closely as some of you have in these past years, so i wondered, is it common place to remove the borough's announcement this long before anything official is put on by the promoter, or is this really taking too long as is now sign for concern ?

with that borough board in place, at least it looked like something was happening .. now it just looks like a desolate empty lot again ..

i'm getting a bad feeling about this one folks .. if philly's project tanked, i wouldn't be surprised to see ours do too :( :( :(

just a question though - what *is* the financial health of this chain ? of the hotel market in montreal, in general and for this class of establishment ? .. and was this project ever supposed to include housing units (which seems like a relatively hot market at the moment, downtown) ? ..

if philly's project tanked, i wouldn't be surprised to see ours do too

Not necessarily. Like someone else mentionned, the economy in Québec is doing much better than in the US. Our Hotels are doing much better now that the G.P. is back.

• 3 semaines plus tard...
Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts has announced its first hotel in Latin America, The Panamera, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel, will open the second half of 2011 in Panama City, Panama. The new hotel will be located in the tourist-friendly Calle Uruguay area of Panama City. The tower will have 130 guest rooms, 118 luxury residences, a 1,200-sqare-foot fitness center, a 2,500-square-foot spa, an outdoor swimming pool, 4 600 square feet of meeting space and more than 9,000 square feet for food and beverage options. The hotel is already under construction and slated to open in the second half of 2011.

(Courtesy of Luxist)

I guess this is ghood news for us(indirectly). It shows that Waldorf is still building new hotels in the world(even though their own country is in a recession). They haven't given up on other countries. Hopefully, we will have an announcement soon for Montreal!