Aller au contenu
publicité

Marché d'édifices à bureaux de Montréal : actualités

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

publicité

Auraient-on eu une forte industrie du jeu vidéo à Montréal sans ces subventions? Et de quoi aurait l'air le secteur actuel de la cité du multimédia s'il n'y avait pa eu de subventions? Est-ce que les projets résidentiel comme le M9 auraient quand même existés?

Je ne veux pas me faire le promoteur des subventions, je me pose simplement des questions.

Auraient-on eu une forte industrie du jeu vidéo à Montréal sans ces subventions? Et de quoi aurait l'air le secteur actuel de la cité du multimédia s'il n'y avait pa eu de subventions? Est-ce que les projets résidentiel comme le M9 auraient quand même existés?

Je ne veux pas me faire le promoteur des subventions, je me pose simplement des questions.

De manière générale, l'une des missions du secteur public est d'intervenir là où le privé ne trouve pas d'intérêts à s'engager. C'est que l'action du public a très largement contribué au redéveloppement et à la reconversion du secteur comme on le connait aujourd'hui. Par rapport à cela et par exemple, c'est la raison d'exister de la SHDM!

• Administrateur

J'ai un peu moins de misère avec les subventions pour créer un nouvel secteur économique comme pour les jeux vidéos. (comparativement à mettre de l'argent dans de la brique dans un secteur économique (immobillier locatif) très bien établi!)

Les subventions sont encore là, et donc l'industrie reste forte à Montréal.

Reste à voir, une fois les subventions coupées, si l'engouement pour Montréal sera pareil.

Si c'est le cas, alors cette stratégie aura fonctionnée... sinon...

J'ai un peu moins de misère avec les subventions pour créer un nouvel secteur économique comme pour les jeux vidéos. (comparativement à mettre de l'argent dans de la brique dans un secteur économique (immobillier locatif) très bien établi!)

Les subventions sont encore là, et donc l'industrie reste forte à Montréal.

Reste à voir, une fois les subventions coupées, si l'engouement pour Montréal sera pareil.

Si c'est le cas, alors cette stratégie aura fonctionnée... sinon...

L'engouement pour Montréal devrait rester puisque les subventions auront permis de créer une masse critique indispensable dans ce milieu où le lien entre entreprises et milieu scolaires est important. Par contre, si Toronto décidait de mettre en place une politique de subventions agressive, cela pourrait couter cher à Montréal!

It is important to understand that the subventions were not the problem, the fact that the Landry governement built them a building to reside in; in order to qualify for the subventions was the issue. A better approach would have been to give subventions to all high tech companies that would establish themselves in the downtown core for example. This would have triggered demand for office space and therefore construction (from the private sector) of new office buildings. So tax payers' money is used for the jobs and not the office building.

Subventions are really an investment that the governements hope will generate a high economic return; so they are not always a bad thing if they are spent properly of course :). IT and Gaming companies usually have high paying jobs that reinvest into the economy on a large scale.

Modifié par mamakin

Tu as raison d'apporter ce point. Au-delà des seules entreprises elles-mêmes, c'est tout un secteur dont on a ainsi amorcé la revitalisation. Beaucoup de positif restera de cela.. Ce n'est pas parfait, bien sûr, mais certainement pas un coup d'épée dans l,eau.

mamakin apporte un bon point. Je n'ai pas de problème avec les subventions pour une industrie comme les Jeux video ou le multimedia. Par contre, j'ai un gros problème avec le fait que le Gouv. péquiste de Landry tentait de jouaer le role de promotteur immobilier. Le gouv ne devrait pas jouer avec la brique et le mortier! Surtout pas quand on parle de tour à bureau. Si c'est pour son utilisation, alors à ce moment c'est correct(genre pour H-Q ou différentes division du Gouvernement).

Modifié par Habsfan

Hi Habsfan, Gilbert or any of the folks that are in the know about large scale real estate, I have a question for you.

If a large piece of prime land is occupied by a parking lot or is basically abandoned to weeds and garbage it has a certain value to the city of X # of $ as property tax from the owner... and a business tax is charged to the owners or operators of a parking lot operation.

However the tax rate is nowhere near the tax rates for a skyscraper or a large complex. For example the owners of the Bell Center were assessed a yearly $9,000,00.00 property tax bill. I remember Gillette asking for some financial relief because of the American exchange at the time. Yes, $9 million annually...I find it scandalous. Am I right in thinking that the lot on which it was built was not being billed at $9 million/yearly before the construction...so far so good.

So instead of giving money outright to companies so that they can erect buildings why not give them 4 to 7 years of no property taxes so that they can get their business up and running.

This way no public money is used and an empty lot that brought in a minimum of commercial and financial activity will then produce a windfall of activity. Imagine the utility bills that a 50 floor office tower with a million square feet of rented space, condo units and commercial spaces will generate.. Initially all the money spent on the construction of the building( 100 to 150 million dollars). This will generate many jobs.

There is a saying that I've adopted: Is 20% of $1000.00 better than 40% of nothing????

:stirthepot::stirthepot::confused::confused:

• 2 semaines plus tard...

logo.gif

DAILY NEWS Nov 1, 2011 2:46 PM -

Downtown Montreal office market continues to show strength; major new developments proposed

MONTREAL 2011-11-01

In its Real Estate Market Study, Newmark Knight Frank Devencore reported that vacancy rates in downtown Montreal's office buildings have fallen from 8.0 per cent to 6.1 per cent over the past 12 months as the market continues to recover from the 2008-2009 financial crisis. As a result of decreasing vacancies, asking rental rates could begin to edge upwards in the months ahead, and some landlords may be less inclined to offer the range of leasing inducements that were common at the end of 2009 and early in 2010.

"Over the past twelve months, nearly 900,000 square feet of office space has been absorbed in downtown Montreal and we are gradually returning to the market conditions that existed prior to the recession, when downtown occupancy rates were at the 95 per cent level," said Jean Laurin, President and CEO of Newmark Knight Frank Devencore. "In fact, market conditions are such that we are beginning to see a variety of pre-development activity in the office market, something that hasn't taken place on the island of Montreal since 2004, when Phase 2 of E-Commerce Place was delivered."

At the present time, at least one office/condo development is underway, and Cadillac Fairview continues to seek anchor tenants for a proposed 500,000 square-foot office tower in the heart of downtown Montreal. Further, there are two large development properties being marketed around Place Victoria in the city's Quartier International. Rio Tinto Alcan has also made it known that it may be relocating its Montreal headquarters, a move that could change the complexion of the downtown district's office market significantly.

Across the rest of Canada, corporate real estate markets have remained relatively healthy in 2011. The overall vacancy rate in Class "A" and Class "B" office buildings in Canada's major cities dropped from 6.8 per cent to 5.4 per cent over the first half of the year, and total vacant space fell from 14 million square feet to just over 11 million square feet.

"With almost daily swings in the various financial markets and national economies around the globe, anticipating real estate trends six months in the future is a risky proposition," Mr. Laurin added. "However, in the Montreal office market, business confidence remains strong and tenants with leases coming up for renewal are wisely examining their options at least months in advance of lease termination."