Aller au contenu

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

33 minutes ago, BilMo said:

I would be more concerned with the stations. Has there been any renderings showing a station covering RL at PVM?

I’ve said before the façade of the Queen E is nothing remarkable so if that station ended up being fully connected and integrated to the PVM Esplanade I don’t think that’s the fin du monde.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SameGuy said:

I’ve said before the façade of the Queen E is nothing remarkable so if that station ended up being fully connected and integrated to the PVM Esplanade I don’t think that’s the fin du monde.

Crazy talk: the main tenant at 1100 Robert-Bourassa is BNC if that gets consolidated to 800 Saint-Jacques (or moved to an other of their offices) how much to buy 1100 Robert-Bourassa knock it down and put the station on Belmont (right above the food court?), you can't completely close Belmont because shipping and receiving for PVM goes through there but a station above it? I can't imagine demand for B class offices being that great on the medium term. Major drawback is that you kill any opportunity of extending the line westward because the cathedral is going nowhere, unless ... CN ...

Modifié par Spiter_01

1 minute ago, Spiter_01 said:

Crazy talk: the main tenant at 1100 Robert-Bourassa is BNC if that gets consolidated to 800 Saint-Jacques (or moved to an other of their offices) how much to buy 1100 Robert-Bourassa knock it down and put the station on Belmont (right above the food court?), can't imagine demand for B class offices being that great on the medium term. Major drawback is that you kill any opportunity of extending the line westward because the cathedral is going nowhere, unless ... CN ...

I mean, CDPQi has already reported serious degradation of the inherited infrastructure underneath McGill College… Who is to say that the entire area from Cathcart to de Maisonneuve, and from RB to the cathedral isn’t destined for condemnation. If the whole enchilada needs to be dug up and rebuilt to avoid “effondrement” and “affaissement” then who knows?

2 hours ago, SameGuy said:

I agree about the Queen E. I also like the idea of integrating the station into the PVM esplanade.  But would it be ok for Rene Levesque to be a virtual tunnel at this point?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BilMo said:

I agree about the Queen E. I also like the idea of integrating the station into the PVM esplanade.  But would it be ok for Rene Levesque to be a virtual tunnel at this point?

Sur Viger, le Palais des Congrès s'alonge au dessus de la route. Cette section fait 45m. Ils prévoient des trains de 40m pour le REM de l'Est. Avec un quai central, la station ferait à peu près la même largeur. C'est donc un assez bon analogue, avec la différence que René-Lévesque est plus large. Il y aurait donc probablement un espace de chaque bord qui permet à la lumière de se rendre au sol.

• Like 1

I think the Fairmont Queen Elizabeth would not only reject their R-L entrance  being stolen by a concreted over expropriation  - they would sue the city for maga bucks in damages to their hotel's  value and in so doing would  tie up the whole REM-Est project on R-L for years in the courts.

1 minute ago, geraldshaw said:

I think the Fairmont Queen Elizabeth would not only reject their R-L entrance  being stolen by a concreted over expropriation  - they would sue the city for maga bucks in damages to their hotel's  value and in so doing would  tie up the whole REM-Est project on R-L for years in the courts.

I fully expect that they aren't the only ones who would sue, but, what does the law enacted by the government for the REM say about that? Anybody knows?

il y a 23 minutes, geraldshaw a dit :

Right hand suing left hand? Are you mad?!? Those issues are definitely being settled behind closed doors at HQ, and if CDPQi goes ahead with such implementation it's because of Ivanhoe Cambridge's blessing.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Decel said:

Right hand suing left hand? Are you mad?!? Those issues are definitely being settled behind closed doors at HQ, and if CDPQi goes ahead with such implementation it's because of Ivanhoe Cambridge's blessing.