Aller au contenu

Station Kirkland - Discussion

Messages recommendés

1 hour ago, Doctor D said:

In Vancouver there are no services in the station but they are located in highly dense neighbourhoods so there is always food and services nearby. In the case of Kirkland station (to be located on the grass area on the right side of image), it is across the street from a big box mall.

Screen Shot 2021-02-09 at 9.11.42 PM.png

In the "neighbourhoods" was not a good enough argument for me back then. It was often more convenient to take a bus ride and get onto the metro to get what I needed then it was to walk a few hundred meters to the half decrepit mall that was literally a stones throw away from where I lived. That's the thing about being in the same building, or being connected directly to the metro through a tunnel. You don't have to worry about the rain, or snow. Those retail spaces are worth a lot more then the space just across the street that doesn't have a direct access. I went to the mall near Longueil Station only once and never stepped foot in it again afterwards. It just wasn't convenient enough. If CDPQ is going to go and expropriate land, they might as well try to make optimal use of it.

• Like 1

Il y a 6 heures, SameGuy a dit :

Pile driving is well underway at Kirkland in advance of Anne’s approach in the coming months.

D441D295-CE1A-44B7-B854-93AE00495913.jpeg

55EADC51-5B1E-460D-AC59-CDF535EF1325.jpeg

C671566C-8E55-4072-B9C8-E4FACA963832.jpeg

004B1BB2-846C-47B0-9C41-93EC119D1F25.jpeg

7DC027F2-9887-4756-A108-2D0CAC0EB4BF.jpeg

Also, the heavier “voussoirs-chevêtres” have already been delivered to the base of the columns in between Anne and the Ste-Marie overpass ahead of the période de dégel. There is a crew working at the base of Anne getting other equipment ready for an early start as soon as temperatures allow.

ETA: Notably, pile driving is going on around the clock; I can hear it from home, 2 km away (as the crow flies) when I’m out with my dog after midnight.

Thanks for this post. I have friends who live nearby and who are looking forward to the completion of this station. I'll share the good news.

• Like 2

• 1 année plus tard...
  • 11 mois plus tard...
  • 1 mois plus tard...
  • 1 mois plus tard...
  • 5 semaines plus tard...