Aller au contenu

1500, boul. de Maisonneuve Ouest - 19 étages

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

4 hours ago, vincenzo said:

Concordia needs to do something with the library. A competition with an original audacious skin could change the whole area.

I dont think the library would change the whole area. there are way worse buildings in that area.

• Thanks 1

Je propose qu'on ouvre une page spéciale pour tous ceux qui veulent chiâler contre la librairie chaque fois qu'ils la voient sur une photo... parce que ça devient aussi lassant que la question du 200 mètres. Pis une autre page pour tous ceux qui ont en horreur tous buildings moindrement hors norme qui datent de plus de 17 ans. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

il y a une heure, Aiglon a dit :

Tant qu'à moi, forcer les buildings en béton du secteur à mettre un revêtement, ou à se faire peinturer, changerait davantage la face du secteur...

En partie d'accord. Pour ma part, je verrais bien une restauration pour la bibliothèque. Soit redonner de l'éclat à ses couleurs si caractéristiques. Ce bâtiment est un peu comme un tableau de Léonard De Vinci, il mérite qu'on lui redonne sa splendeur d'antan 😉

• Confused 1

". . . restore radiance to its characteristic colors"

I lived across the street while it was being built and worked there for five years just after it was built. Those are the original colours: the pink is a pastiche to the red sandstone Victorian buildings across the street, and the green to the windows and doors of the Royal George apartments, which is the focal point of the entire building. The architects, MSDL have won awards for their work on the building, but it is evident to anyone that enters the building, its beauty lies on the inside, for the users. 

I myself wish they would have enlarged the windows to better emulate those of the Royal George, but it is structurally unique and creates a transition from old to new. The fact remains it is one of those buildings where you either love it or hate it.

https://educationsnapshots.com/projects/2408/webster-library-concordia-university/

Screen Shot 2021-07-01 at 9.50.27 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-01 at 9.51.02 AM.png

atrium-945x630.png

6310541714_61d9ecbbdf_b.jpeg

• Like 4

• 3 semaines plus tard...
  • 4 semaines plus tard...