Aller au contenu
publicité

ouaouaron

Messages recommendés

It seems that the only one crying out loud on this subject is you my friend.;) You seem to refuse to admit that our winters are much harsher than other Northern cities. My beef is with people who have lived here all their life and cannot admit the truth. It will be my pleasure to prove you wrong as soon as I get my hands on the data. Humans have a very sensitive threshold to bitter cold wind (Montreal is notorious for that). There is a HUGE difference between a 6am temperature reading of 11C and one of 5C. Toronto and Boston do not have that type of weather as often as we do.

To be honest, I wouldn't have minded the winter if it was only three months long like it is elsewhere. Our winter conditions stretch into mid-spring!

publicité
  • Réponses 32
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

So for the non-beleivers, I ask you to take a bike ride this Monday morning when it is 5 degrees here but almost 100% warmer in Toronto with 9 degrees. Just face it. Our weather is COLD!!!

You can't really say that place X is __% warmer than place Y. Weather doesn't work like that...

For instance 5c is 41f whereas 9c is 48.2f. Hardly 100% more.

Moi je gaspillerais ma vie a juste être au chaud :) Chacun ses gouts ! On a la chance ici de pouvoir faire des sports d'été et d'hiver dehors ! Moi j'en profite.

J'aime pas les sports d'hiver, mais chacuns ses goûts comme tu dis.

Et pour l'été, si on apelle ça un été, ben on se couche et on se réveille et il est déjà fini :(

C'est plus l'aspect de sortir sans avoir à traîner un manteau et bottes, rester au sec, etc.

Thanks but not what I was looking for. And yes, you can absolutely apply percentages to any unit to demonstrate the difference especially absolute numbers like I did.

Here are two lovely graphs that actually shocked me. I knew we were bad but not this inhospitable. Lets just focus on the frigid, freezing and cold bands.

Graphs don't lie people do. ;)

Toronto:

eny9ara7.jpg

Montreal:

egezapaq.jpg

Does anyone still want to debate?

http://weatherspark.com/averages/28390/Montreal-Quebec-Canada

http://weatherspark.com/averages/28179/Toronto-Ontario-Canada

I would :)

We all agree that it's a warmer climate in Toronto than in Montreal just like Montreal has a warmer climate than Québec City. But you keep saying it's WAY colder and it's not. It's almost the same.

And from your data from your site:

Warm season:

Toronto: May 27 to September 12

Montréal: May 22 to September 17

Cold season:

Toronto: November 28 to March 9

Montréal: December 4 to March 11

Geez, it seems like we have better (longer) "warm season" and better (shorter) "cold season", WTF?

I agree with you that in the middle of winter (mid-January), it's on average 4 degrees colder in daily average than in Toronto. But for most of the rest of the time, it's basically the same.

Modifié par franktko

I would :)

We all agree that it's a warmer climate in Toronto than in Montreal just like Montreal has a warmer climate than Québec City. But you keep saying it's WAY colder and it's not. It's almost the same.

And from your data from your site:

Warm season:

Toronto: May 27 to September 12

Montréal: May 22 to September 17

Cold season:

Toronto: November 28 to March 9

Montréal: December 4 to March 11

Geez, it seems like we have better (longer) "warm season" and better (shorter) "cold season", WTF?

I agree with you that in the middle of winter (mid-January), it's on average 4 degrees colder in daily average than in Toronto. But for most of the rest of the time, it's basically the same.

I will add that in addition to the warm and cold periods being more or less equivalent in length, Montreal is mostly spared those awful winter days where the weather teeters around 0c resulting in the slush inducing, face-stabbing cold rain episodes where, regardless of how you dress, you're going to have a bad time. Otoh, Toronto doesn't have to deal with brutal snowstorms as consistently as Montreal.