Aller au contenu
publicité

Messages recommendés

publicité
  • Réponses 20
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

um ouais peut-etre; mais j'ai fouiller un peu et voici ce que j'ai trouver sur Wikipedia:

The Community Boards of New York City are the appointed advisory groups from various districts throughout each of the Five Boroughs of New York City. (...) There are currently fifty-nine community districts, including twelve in Manhattan, twelve in The Bronx, eighteen in Brooklyn, fourteen in Queens, and three in Staten Island.

Community Boards have an important advisory role in dealing with land use and zoning matters, identifying community needs as part of the City’s budget process, and working with government agencies to improve the local delivery of services. More broadly, all community boards are concerned with any other matter relating to the welfare of the district and its residents.

Responsabilities

Land Use and Zoning: Community boards must be consulted on most land use and development proposals that involve City land or facilities, special permits, changes or variances to zoning, and the use of public street and sidewalks. The board's recommendation on such proposals must be considered by authorizing City agencies (usually the City Planning Commission or the Board of Standards and Appeals) in the final determination of these applications. Projects that are “as-of-right” (i.e. the City has no discretion) are not subject to community review. The City Charter allows community boards to initiate their own plans for the growth and the well being of their communities.

City Budget: Community boards assess the needs of their own neighborhoods, meet with city agencies and make recommendations in the City's budget process to address them.

Other Community Concerns: Any problem which affects part or all of the community, from a traffic problem to deteriorating housing, is a proper concern of a community board.

Limitations

The community board and its office staff serve as advocates and service coordinators for the community and its residents, and are usually successful in resolving the problems they address. But, they cannot order any city agency or official to perform any task.

Ca ressemble un peu a nos arrondissements tout ca, non ? Si on fait le calcul, c'est environ un community board par 150 000 habitant. Ils n'ont peut etre pas autant de pouvoirs que nos petits caïds de quartier (Luc Ferrandez), mais grosso modo ils semblent remplir la meme mission.

Peut-etre un modele duquel on pourrait s'inspirer ?

Modifié par pedepy

En conclusion on peut garder les structures géographiques puisqu'elles correspondent à des territoires bien définis, mais les pouvoirs doivent être réévalués et ne concerner à l'avenir que des politiques locales et de proximité. Tout le reste appartient à une administration centrale qui a davantage une vision globale de la ville et les moyens d'agir dans un soucis d'efficacité et de compétence.

Je suis en accord avec ca... serieusement, le "Sud-Ouest"? De kossé? Phoenix?! Je connais la Ville-Emard, Pointe St-Charles, etc...

Ce n'est pas tant la quantité d'arrondissements qui compte mais les pouvoirs qui leur sont dévolus. Si elles sont des quasi villes alors il y a problème et gaspillage de ressources par chevauchements.

Cependant comme c'est la décision du parti libéral du Québec qui a amendé la charte de Montréal à cette fin, il est alors peu probable qu'ils agissent en admettant au passage une mauvaise gestion du problème. Il faudra donc attendre un changement de gouvernement pour qu'enfin cette erreur couteuse soit corrigée dans une logique administrative évidente.

C'est sur que le pouvoir résolus aux arrondissements sont plus importants que le nombre mais il me semble qu'à Montréal nous ayons, à ce nivuea, le pire des deux mondes car non seulement il y a beaucoup trop d'arrondissements mais ils ont tous des pouvoirs d'une ville ce qui en font des quasi-ville !!!

Malheureusement, le parti Libéral ne voudra pas toucher à ce problème car cela admettrait une mauvaise gestion de sa part et le Parti Québécois ne voudra plus retoucher à ce dossier car il a payé le prix politique de la fusion alors je crois que nous pris avec un problème qui nuit au bon fonctionnement de la ville et qui semble couter très cher à cause des dédoublements, entres autres.

C'est assez particulier que, Toronto et Ottawa, par exemple, ne semble pas avoir souffert de ce problème. D'ailleurs, est-ce quelqu'un connait la formule de Toronto ? Est-ce divisé en arrondissements ou est-ce que la ville forme un tout avec peu de pouvoir au quartier ? Peut-etre que les anciennes villes (York, North Yoirk, Scarborough...) ont gardé tous les pouvoirs ou...?

Enfin, à ma connaissance ça l'air à bien fonctionné là-bas mais honnetement je n'en sais rien.

I wish we had a map like this for downtown Montreal.

What do you mean a map like this ? In terms of what ? In terms of densification ? In terms of size ? In terms of neighborhood ?

I think Montreal's answer to Manhattan is Ville-Marie and, even though it isn't as big nor as populated, could be very well promoted by the city hall, by tourisme Montreal and by the real estate agencies.

I wish someone could show me how to draw a map like that so i can put colours and names of neighborhoods......

What do you mean a map like this ? In terms of what ? In terms of densification ? In terms of size ? In terms of neighborhood ?

I think Montreal's answer to Manhattan is Ville-Marie and, even though it isn't as big nor as populated, could be very well promoted by the city hall, by tourisme Montreal and by the real estate agencies.

I wish someone could show me how to draw a map like that so i can put colours and names of neighborhoods......

Map in terms of the different districts with different colours for each. Now thats a map I would like to see.