STM: Prolongement de la ligne 05 Bleue vers l'Est

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

il y a 13 minutes, montrealgoalie a dit :

Ca pourrait l'etre

Automatisation

Droits immobiliers au dessus / autour des stations

etc

Si oui, alord oui, la Caisse doit prendre le métro. Ça sera notre seul espoir pour le développer d'avantage. Ils pourrait construire de nouvelles stations et lignes en aérien (si ça marche en hiver).

La ligne orange doit être prolongée jusqu'à l'hôpital Sacré-Cœur, la ligne verte jusqu'à Châteauguay, et construite une ligne de métro au nord de l'île de Montréal.

Et pour ceux qui vont chialer sur l'intrusion du privé, il faudrait les rappeler que la Caisse est une institution publique.

• D'accord 1

publicité

Full automation of our Métro would cost billions and take at least a decade (if not longer) to implement, in exchange generating savings that are a tiny fraction of the cost of this major undertaking. Platform screen doors alone would cost half a billion (2018 – likely doubled by the time we get around to doing it), the signalling system for the entire network would have to be changed and all the MR-73 vehicles would need to be retired and replaced by modern train sets. My layman's guess would put the cost of automating the STM Métro at somewhere around $5 billion. Wouldn't you rather see that $5 billion spent on expanding transit to areas that desperately need it? I can certainly see that that kind of investment would make absolutely zero sense for a profit-minded organization like the CDPQ.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, SameGuy said:

Full automation of our Métro would cost billions and take at least a decade (if not longer) to implement, in exchange generating savings that are a tiny fraction of the cost of this major undertaking. Platform screen doors alone would cost half a billion (2018 – likely doubled by the time we get around to doing it), the signalling system for the entire network would have to be changed and all the MR-73 vehicles would need to be retired and replaced by modern train sets. My layman's guess would put the cost of automating the STM Métro at somewhere around $5 billion. Wouldn't you rather see that $5 billion spent on expanding transit to areas that desperately need it? I can certainly see that that kind of investment would make absolutely zero sense for a profit-minded organization like the CDPQ.

I was under the impression all the metros ran almost automatically already? Including the MR-73's

Also the replacement of said cars is already planned no? I wouldn't see that as an additional capitalizable expense if it's already budgeted.  I could be wrong I'm not sure if it's already planned

And 5 billion would get us another blue line style extension? 4 stations 5 KMs?

I'd rather automate lol, better long term investment.

25 minutes ago, montrealgoalie said:

I was under the impression all the metros ran almost automatically already? Including the MR-73's

Also the replacement of said cars is already planned no? I wouldn't see that as an additional capitalizable expense if it's already budgeted.  I could be wrong I'm not sure if it's already planned

And 5 billion would get us another blue line style extension? 4 stations 5 KMs?

I'd rather automate lol, better long term investment.

It's an older essay, but the points Anton brings up are nevertheless still valid.

https://www.cat-bus.com/2017/07/automation-metro/

38 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Please take the 5B$ and extend to Bois-Franc. 

Yes, probably a bit further for 5B? To Chomedey/Cure Labelle is about a 4km extension

16 minutes ago, SameGuy said:

It's an older essay, but the points Anton brings up are nevertheless still valid.

https://www.cat-bus.com/2017/07/automation-metro/

Wow Anton is a name I haven't heard of in a while!  

Again, the only way I could see a public metro system being completely privatized is if we let our habitual exceptionalism dictate such an illogical course of action.

Some of the best, most efficient metros on the planet are owned by the public but are privately operated under concession; the public transit authority mandates the needs of the system, and the private concession holder finds the most efficient ("profitable") means to meet the mandate. This is the only way I could see our metro being improved and made more efficient.

• Like 1