Aller au contenu
publicité

Waldorf Astoria Montréal - 35 étages (2007)

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

publicité
Alors osons les formes et les couleurs, une ville peut devenir une galerie d'art contemporain version architecturale. Pas besoin nécessairement de gros projets, seulement beaucoup d'imagination et de courage en proposant des choses, sinon inédites, à tout le moins vraiment audacieuses. C'est ainsi que naissent les icônes qui ajoutent à la forte personnalité d'une ville.

Excellente intervention acpnc. Je suis entièrement d'accord. C'est pour ça que j'espère voir al tour du Boudda Bar monter aussi. Pas besoins d'être des grosses tours de 50 étages,mais au moins quelque chose de différent!(le CHUM est un parfait exemple).

Im convinced, this Alisson chick is reading Mtlurb.... but her blog is too pessimistic.... they are oppening the sales office this summer, after this comes the hole

Im convinced, this Alisson chick is reading Mtlurb.... but her blog is too pessimistic.... they are oppening the sales office this summer, after this comes the hole

Sent her a tweet... let's see!

While the condo market in Montreal is starting to get saturated, the luxury hotel market is anemic. This is, first and foremost a luxury hotel product. The W=A is much needed in Montreal. But, as for luxe condos, this one will have views unlike the Ritz and the Simpson - unparalleled views of Mount Royal and downtown and south toward the US border. I

Waldorf in the works?

By Allison Lampert Fri, Mar 4 2011 COMMENTS(0) Real Deal

Filed under: Ritz Carlton, Waldorf-Astoria Montreal, Monit Investments

3365.waldorf.jpg

An unofficial rendering of the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel planned for the corner of Sherbrooke and Guy Sts.

I have an ongoing debate with a reader over whether the Waldorf Hotel and Residence project, announced in 2008, will ever be built.

My feeling, is that with the posh Ritz Carlton opening just down the block at the end of the year - and more importantly with the high-end condo market becoming saturated - developer Monit Investments project just doesn't make sense. Think about it, luxury projects on tonier parts of Sherbrooke St. like the Sir George Simpson and Ritz Carlton took time to sell. Do we really need another 76 condos for the rich and famous?

But the reader scored a point this week after more than one real estate observer sent me this unofficial rendering of the planned project. Perhaps Monit knows something about the market that I don't.

According to the rendering, the project is slated for 2013. I'll believe it's a go when I see a hole in the ground.

alampert@montrealgazette.com

http://www.twitter.com/RealDealMtl