Aller au contenu
publicité

Le RIEN de l'Est (Ex-REM de l'Est)

p_xavier

Messages recommendés

Car les journalistes savent que la population at large est "un peu épaisse" et que si ils ne continuent pas de dire REM de l'Est, les gens "lambda" ne sauront pas de quoi on parle. Bref, same old.

• Like 3

publicité

Je connais bien le transport en commun des banlieues de la couronne nord. Je tiens à vous dire que ce serait un euphémisme d'affirmer que ce projet serait bénéfique pour les banlieues nord. La couronne nord est mure pour un projet d'envergure comme celui-ci. Ce projet doit se faire, point ! 

• Like 1
  • D'accord 1
  • Thanks 1

Le 2023-05-07 à 18:57, anjou a dit :

Je connais bien le transport en commun des banlieues de la couronne nord. Je tiens à vous dire que ce serait un euphémisme d'affirmer que ce projet serait bénéfique pour les banlieues nord. La couronne nord est mure pour un projet d'envergure comme celui-ci. Ce projet doit se faire, point ! 

Si la couronne nord est mûre, je peux te croire. Est-ce judicieux par contre d’utiliser une technologie de métro automatisé, au lieu de simplement faire un réseau de RER, qui nécessiterait probablement des infrastructures un peu plus légères?

Vu l’immense distance entre les éventuelles stations, il faut se poser la question.

De plus, le projet empêche carrément une extension du métro léger vers Rivière-des-prairies… qui augmenterait de 20% l’achalandage du projet de référence pour 2-3km seulement.

Un service de RER aux 10-15 minutes, des trains sexys comme ils ont en France, des gares modernes, ce serait un game-changer tout autant qu’un REM / métro léger.

• Thanks 4

I would love for more people to take the suburban and regional trains in Australia, which strike a very delicate balance between an advanced RER-style regional metro converging in the downtown cores and more traditional mainline railways. 15- or 30-minute all day service on most outer lines, five- to 10-minute frequencies in the inner suburbs, and metro-like frequencies of two to three minutes on the shared trunk downtown — which in Sydney is mostly underground!

IMG_8067.jpeg.7e9e89cde22eaba0383c1aff9f7a1581.jpeg

• Like 4

On 2023-05-12 at 9:54 PM, SameGuy said:

I would love for more people to take the suburban and regional trains in Australia, which strike a very delicate balance between an advanced RER-style regional metro converging in the downtown cores and more traditional mainline railways. 15- or 30-minute all day service on most outer lines, five- to 10-minute frequencies in the inner suburbs, and metro-like frequencies of two to three minutes on the shared trunk downtown — which in Sydney is mostly underground!

I agree. Toronto is moving in that direction and it is easily the least expensive way to quickly improve transit in the greater Montreal area.

This whole discussion and all of the opposition by NIMBYs to this project and other transit projects has me rather flustered. Some of them seem to want an American style SLR that tries to do everything, and fails to do anything well because it suffers from all of the problems of the different systems it borrows from while having none of the advantages. I mean seriously, I really hope that the government does not cave in to all of their expensive demands.

If its a gadgetbahn that they want, then we might as well give them a dangletrain. It takes less visual space than a viaduct, can probably be built without the need for a tunnel and does not take much space at all at ground level. What's not to love?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Il y a 6 heures, Enalung a dit :

If its a gadgetbahn that they want, then we might as well give them a dangletrain. It takes less visual space than a viaduct, can probably be built without the need for a tunnel and does not take much space at all at ground level. What's not to love?

Stop it, you are going to give publicity by association to the Monorail TrensQuebec supporters… Because who doesn’t love a project that is just too good to be true?

Spoiler: it is indeed too good to be true!

• D'accord 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 2023-05-13 at 11:54 AM, SameGuy said:

As I posted in the REM rolling stock thread, today I once again rode the Brisbane AirTrain, which is a branch line on the Queensland Rail CityTrain network and is run with Bombardier NGR-700 vehicles. It’s such a terrific service. I just don’t get why we have to wait decades to over-design everything, when all we’d need is the intestinal fortitude to tell the Class I railways to go F themselves, and start taking back their land grants so we can convert their underused or abandoned lines into proper suburban and regional rail.

Mine de rien, pas la moindre nouvelle depuis cette conférence de presse historique pour Montréal le 2 mai 2022 

Morale de l'histoire : « Projet structurant de l'Est » = 3ème lien de Québec = poudre aux yeux ! 

• Sad 1