900, rue Saint-Jacques – 62 étages

Feanaro

Messages recommendés

• Réponses 2,9k
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

10 hours ago, SameGuy said:

So far the podium looks exactly like it does in the renders. I think I would rather wait and see the final product before pronouncing judgment.

It’s Canvar. No need to wait. Result will be underwhelming. Prove me wrong please! 

• Like 1
  • D'accord 2

It's a neo-Brutalist design.  The big test is the tower: those panels are the ones I'm waiting for.  So far, it looks as rendered. I don't mind a pre-fab tower (done right) as all the glass does get boring too.   Canvar has done good work: the Holiday Inn is a successful one.  Le Duke is pretty good. 

• D'accord 2
  • Confused 1

Not even close. You’d no doubt never been to the eastern bloc countries during the Cold War. Even in the more “progressive” countries back then, buildings were neither tall nor designed. Krushchyovkas in all these countries were very reminiscent of any 1970s apartment building you still see in the West Island or Cartierville, only on a grander scale. But they are also almost no different from public housing we see in countries that we consider among the most advanced in the world, including Singapore, Japan, and South Korea. For this particular project, I’m reserving judgement until I see the final outcome.

• Like 2