Aller au contenu
publicité

Immobilier: plus forte hausse des prix en cinq ans à Montréal

p_xavier

Messages recommendés

Ils s'ennuient de l'époque où les francophones étaient des merdeux qui vivaient sur des terres sous exploitées avec leurs 12-15 marmots qui se chamaillaient pour un épi de blé d'inde sur la table à dîner. Comme certains sur ce forum. inutile de nommer. En réalité, je pense qu'ils ne reflètent même pas les anglophones d'aujourd'hui, dans leur vaste majorité. Gazette, une publication déconnectée. Je ne sais pas ce que ça va prendre pour les réveiller....

Il a eu une époque que Montréal avait un vrai journal anglophone avec des bons journalistes avec des bons articles sur Montréal et le Québec , ca s'appelait The Montreal Star . ILs ont fermer en 1979 après une longue grevé. Le plus part des journalistes sont partie travaillée pour The Gazette . Mais mon ami journaliste Nick auf de Maur me disait tous le temps comment il s'ennuyait de la liberté d'écriture qu'il avait avec le Star et sa qualité d'articles positif et amusant sur Montréal , une ville qu'il connaissait par cœur et adorait. Pour les Anglos , la fin de cette journal a été la fin d'un produit écrit positif, avec un bon contenue , qui vante Montréal au lieux de toujours voir que le négatif.

Modifié par greenlobster

publicité

De toute façon, on ne peut pas attendre grand chose d'un journal appartenant à un réseau piloté de Toronto, qui regarde Montréal avec mépris et condescendance. C'est malheureux mais c'est la triste réalité et cela depuis des décennies. Je rêve... mais peut-être un jour la communauté anglophone de Montréal s'organisera et fondera un vrai journal anglo montréalais, sans autres arrières pensées que de diffuser la nouvelle avec fierté et surtout objectivité.

• 7 mois plus tard...

Montreal’s hot condo market drives 10% rise in home sales in June

MONTREAL—The Greater Montreal Real Estate Board says area home sales increased by 10 per cent in June, driven by a hot condo market.

There were 3,952 properties sold last month, the highest level for June in eight years.

The data comes amid concerns that a 15 per cent foreign buyers’ tax in the Greater Toronto Area could have a spillover effect on Canada’s second-largest city.

Quebec’s finance minister has said he has no plans in the near term to introduce such a tax since foreigners accounted for only about 1.5 per cent of all Montreal-area sales in the first nine months of 2016, according to the Canada Mortgage Housing Corp.

Housing sales in June were aided by a 17-per-cent increase in sales on the Island of Montreal.

Article Continued Below

Condominium sales were up 20 per cent, marking a steady increase for a second consecutive month, while sales of single family homes rose four per cent.

The average price of Montreal area homes was $362,207 for June, up 6 per cent from a year ago. The average price for single family homes rose nine per cent to $396,367

https://www.thestar.com/business/real_estate/2017/07/06/montreals-hot-condo-market-drives-10-rise-in-home-sales-in-june.html

à l’instant, steve_36 a dit :

Montreal’s hot condo market drives 10% rise in home sales in June

....Condominium sales were up 20 per cent, marking a steady increase for a second consecutive month, while sales of single family homes rose four per cent.

The condo boom in Montréal must be serious and big because it is now in the Toronto Star.

Chance are marc_ac will read it since it is in a very serious Toronto paper !!!!

2 hours ago, mark_ac said:

L'effet PLQ!!! L'Effet Confiance!

I'm going to write a song about this. 

hahahaha I was sceptical at the beginning but it's true, lately everything is going fine. 

no deficit , surplus ,  better credit rate, lower unemployment, real estate improving, and name on.... 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, andre md said:

hahahaha I was sceptical at the beginning but it's true, lately everything is going fine. 

no deficit , surplus ,  better credit rate, lower unemployment, real estate improving, and name on.... 

Même les médias ontariens commencent à en parler que Montréal bat Toronto en économie, c'est tout dire!

• Like 1

Il y a 3 heures, mark_ac a dit :

L'effet PLQ!!! L'Effet Confiance!

I'm going to write a song about this. 

I will admit that the PLQ is having a positive effect but it can not take all the credit for it. And more than the PLQ, I think Carlos Leitao is doing a great job with the approval of the PM, of course.

But it's not only one single factor, it rarely is. Per example, the huge growth in the multiledia technology is partly to the PQ of the late 90's and early 2000's under then finance minister Bernard Landry who put in place numerous programs to help start what we now call the ''techonologie de l'information'' with the ''cité du multimedia'', ''cité du commerce électronique'' etc...

We are now largely benefiting today for Landry's vision of the time. Yes, this field is not the only one performing well and not the only one supporting the job growth and the housing market but it is playing a key role for sure.

Now, to get back at the real estate boom, let's say that if it continues, I have a feeling it will propelled Montréal in the big league. Not in the first global cities such as New York, Tokyo, London, Paris etc but more in the second batch of big cities such as Berlin, Madrid, Hong Kong, Toronto etc...   Yes, Toronto entered this league some 20 years ago and now, and in the next 5 to 10 years, it might very well be Montreal's turn, if this trend continues.

Plus, there is another very good news that we learned yesterday and it's the fact that the fond de solidarité de la FTQ made more than 1 billion dollar in profit last year. I know you dont like them marc_ac but they are becoming a big player and that can only be good for Montréal since they are based here, since they invest a lot of money here and since they will do more for the Québec/Montréal economy in the near futur. Per example, they are behind the Humanity project !

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, steve_36 said:

tch of big cities such as Berlin, Madrid, Hong Kong, Toronto etc...   Yes, Toronto entered this league some 20 years ago and now, and in the next 5 to 10 years, it might very well be Montreal's turn, if this trend continues.

22 minutes ago, steve_36 said:

I will admit that the PLQ is having a positive effect but it can not take all the credit for it. And more than the PLQ, I think Carlos Leitao is doing a great job with the approval of the PM, of course.

But it's not only one single factor, it rarely is. Per example, the huge growth in the multiledia technology is partly to the PQ of the late 90's and early 2000's under then finance minister Bernard Landry who put in place numerous programs to help start what we now call the ''techonologie de l'information'' with the ''cité du multimedia'', ''cité du commerce électronique'' etc...

We are now largely benefiting today for Landry's vision of the time. Yes, this field is not the only one performing well and not the only one supporting the job growth and the housing market but it is playing a key role for sure.

Now, to get back at the real estate boom, let's say that if it continues, I have a feeling it will propelled Montréal in the big league. Not in the first global cities such as New York, Tokyo, London, Paris etc but more in the second batch of big cities such as Berlin, Madrid, Hong Kong, Toronto etc...   Yes, Toronto entered this league some 20 years ago and now, and in the next 5 to 10 years, it might very well be Montreal's turn, if this trend continues.

Plus, there is another very good news that we learned yesterday and it's the fact that the fond de solidarité de la FTQ made more than 1 billion dollar in profit last year. I know you dont like them marc_ac but they are becoming a big player and that can only be good for Montréal since they are based here, since they invest a lot of money here and since they will do more for the Québec/Montréal economy in the near futur. Per example, they are behind the Humanity project !

C'est le meme Bernard Landry qui etait la pendant le fiasco de la Gaspesia  a Chandler 700 millions de $ évaporé. Et le gouvernement a une part du blame la dessus.

http://www.ledevoir.com/politique/quebec/81290/les-pressions-de-landry-ont-tue-la-gaspesia

Berlin c'est le meilleur exemple je crois pour Montreal.

Je me rappele y avoir été en 2003 et ensuite en 2015 mechante difference. Beaucoup de similitude avec Montreal. Le chomage a Berlin etait tres elevé la ville etait dans un etat de delabrement totale. Elle a encore garder une part de ce   delabrement et ca lui donne meme un certain charme. Par dessus tout la vie sociale ,culturel  les nouvelles technologie , le cosmopolisme fait de cette ville une vile agreable a vivre et  ou ca ne coute pas chere pour se loger. . Bref un vrai changement pour cette ville. 

• Like 1

il y a 37 minutes, andre md a dit :

C'est le meme Bernard Landry qui etait la pendant le fiasco de la Gaspesia  a Chandler 700 millions de $ évaporé. Et le gouvernement a une part du blame la dessus.

http://www.ledevoir.com/politique/quebec/81290/les-pressions-de-landry-ont-tue-la-gaspesia

Berlin c'est le meilleur exemple je crois pour Montreal.

Je me rappele y avoir été en 2003 et ensuite en 2015 mechante difference. Beaucoup de similitude avec Montreal. Le chomage a Berlin etait tres elevé la ville etait dans un etat de delabrement totale. Elle a encore garder une part de ce   delabrement et ca lui donne meme un certain charme. Par dessus tout la vie sociale ,culturel  les nouvelles technologie , le cosmopolisme fait de cette ville une vile agreable a vivre et  ou ca ne coute pas chere pour se loger. . Bref un vrai changement pour cette ville. 

Oui, tout à fait. Mais je ne peux blâmer un homme qui essaie car c'est en essayant que l'on parvient à quelque chose. Et dans le cas de la Gaspésia, outre le fait que le but premier était de donner du boulot à cette région, il a essayé et il a malheureusement échoué. Mais pour les technologies de l'information à Montréal, cela a bel et bien fonctionné.

Dans le cas de Berlin, j'aime bien cette ville dynamique et moderne, pas trop populeuse comme d'autre grande capitale. Elle est passé par des secousses politiques, tout comme Montréal, et c'est probablement cela qui a retardé une expansion folle et qui lui donne aujourd'hui ce coté un peu négligé, abordable pour se loger et avec un charme certains.

Il y a 3 heures, mark_ac a dit :

Put yourself in the mind frame of an investor. 

An investor wants stability and predictability that their investment will bear fruit financially. 

This why a pro-separatist and leftist leaning government in Quebec has costed us so much in missed opportunity. Now we're starting to just scratch the surface of the potential

one can only hope Quebeckers vote sanely in 2018 and adopt that good direction this province is currently headed in 

Careful there. I agree with you, investors want stability, and a separatist government certainly doesn't bring that to the table (hence why we always paid a "premium" on our interest rates historically).

However it has nothing to do with a government being to the left or to the right. Both the PQ and PLQ share much similarities in terms of policy (the exception being the status of Quebec). They are both very centrist parties. Quebec society is impressively homogeneous in terms of collective thinking (hence the NDP wave in 2011 for example). However this is starting to change a little bit, with a more leftist part centered on the island of Montreal and a more conservative area around Quebec City.