Aller au contenu

UrbMtl

Messages recommendés

so the 700,000+ anglos in Quebec who pay taxes and do fair business are not allowed to have service in one of the official languages of the country we reside in? Insane.

French is the only official language here, English in the other provinces, except NB.

In Federal jurisdictions, theoretically both languages, but service only where numbers warrant, and often fluency varies.

• Réponses 52
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

This is sick !!!!

Voyez les plans futurs pour les terrains longeant la rue Peel - 6 tours additionnelles!!!!!!

[ATTACH]13142[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]13143[/ATTACH]

(C'est fou, remarquez le complexe Desjardins avec ses couleurs - this is hot off the press!!)

I agree. Speaking or providing services in a second or third language is an asset. But it is an extra business cost and if all governments started to provide services for every culltural minority community that had a significant number, the costs would be astromomical.

In this era of deficits and cost-cutting, better to invest in more essential areas and try to pay off some of our debt. Everyone, even intelligent tourists, understands that there are language issues when they travel abroad or in different jurisdictions.

So, is there any relevant French community in Ontario or in Manitoba? And do you hear them complain they cannot speak French with bus drivers? Do you hear them complain because their province banned French schools in the past? Nope.

In a perfect world, they would deserve bilinbual service as well, idem for anglo-montrealers. But the reality is that Quebec is officially French now and the English minority, wich had a great impact on economic development of Montreal, don't control the political agenda anymore. We are not in 1960. And we should notice it for once.

Yet again I disagree. After travelling to many major foreign countries and cities around the world, english is on every sign....except for Quebec. Using your logic we should stop having english schools, hospitals or anything remotely sponsored by the state

You draw extreme conclusions and are aguing apples and oranges. Stick to one issue at a time, otherwise it makes no use discussing. Politicians use that tactic when they are cornered or do not want to answer a question...

You don't seem to understand that there's no historically relevant francophone community (other than the one developing from the mass exodus ongoing in Quebec). Quebec meanwhile has had a strong and powerful anglophone community since General Wolfe.

I find it insane yes - bilingualism should be encouraged not oppressed.

Arrête avec ton "mass exodus". Il y en a pas. Et ça c'est basé sur des faits en provenance de Stat Can.

La réponse était en lien avec les répliques comme quoi le Canada était un pays billingue avec deux langues officielles. Donc le commentaire était tout à fait applicable dans ce cas avec le fait de vouloir opérer une entreprise en français dans l'Ouest. Si ce n'est pas applicable, bien c'est encore une démonstration du fameux double standard qui revient sans cesse.

"bilingualism should be encouraged not oppressed". Bien d'accord! Augmentons l'usage du français par ces entreprises!

You don't seem to understand that there's no historically relevant francophone community (other than the one developing from the mass exodus ongoing in Quebec). Quebec meanwhile has had a strong and powerful anglophone community since General Wolfe.

I find it insane yes - bilingualism should be encouraged not oppressed.

I'm sorry to say, but you seem to have a real problem by willingly searching controversy on every thread. The real insane situation on this forum is your agressive attitude and your everlasting attacks on whoever does not share your view points. Tell me, does Air canada now tolerates your kind of behaviour during business hours? Or is it freely that you waste your time at the expense of your employer? One thing is for sure, your negative omnipresence is seriously feeding up a growing majority. I would advise you to take a real break before you are forced to. And my best advise, for your own credibility, is to get back to work, because your job is certainly more important than your opinions.

I would recommend to close down this thread because again it is unfortunately going nowhere. Reason: trolling