Aller au contenu
publicité

L'essence, c'est reparti à la hausse

acpnc

Messages recommendés

C'est justement pour ça que les augmentations entrainent des changements de mentalité et de style de vie.

We don't want to eliminate car use from public life, that would be silly. We just want to prioritize transit and other forms of sustainable transportation. In so doing, we also favor densification and reduce sprawl.

In my opinion, the ideal scenario would be steady increases of roughly 10-15 cents per year over the next 20 years. A slow and manageable increase that makes adaptation feasible.

I don't like it when prices spike up 20 cents in a week.. i do think peak oil has occurred and that increases are inevitable, but i do hope they come about smoothly to allow for a good transition. I think dramatic increases to 2$/L or 3$/L in a very very short time span might be too chaotic and damaging, even though I'm in favor of such price increases in the very long term.

My neighbor takes his car to go to the dep which is about 75 meters away. 75 meters. He takes his car. Seriously? Yesterday I went to the dep at the same time as him. We both left at the same time and i arrived there before he did. A guy was parking, people were crossing intersections, and kids were playing hockey in the street. All in all, my walk to the dep took roughly 65 seconds, he got there 5 seconds after me. I'm not saying cut cars out of the equation totally.. i love a drive in the country as much as anyone, but there's a serious lifestyle problem / mentality issue when people take their cars to go to the dep that is 1 block away when it's 15C outside and they could just walk. That's what needs to change. People will think twice about doing silly things like that and polluting needlessly.

Modifié par Cataclaw

publicité
  • Réponses 30
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

My neighbor takes his car to go to the dep which is about 75 meters away. 75 meters. He takes his car. Seriously? Yesterday I went to the dep at the same time as him. We both left at the same time and i arrived there before he did. A guy was parking, people were crossing intersections, and kids were playing hockey in the street. All in all, my walk to the dep took roughly 65 seconds, he got there 5 seconds after me. I'm not saying cut cars out of the equation totally.. i love a drive in the country as much as anyone, but there's a serious lifestyle problem / mentality issue when people take their cars to go to the dep that is 1 block away when it's 15C outside and they could just walk. That's what needs to change. People will think twice about doing silly things like that and polluting needlessly.

So what? It's his life. Maybe he can't walk long distances.

En partant, aujourd'hui, on ne pourrait pas payer en bas de 132c/l a mtl, c'est le prix minimum fixé par la régie de l'énergie. Pour fins de calcul, le prix a la rampe de chargement est d'environ 85c/l donc tout le reste (47c/l) ce sont des taxes de toutes sorte.

http://www.regie-energie.qc.ca/energie/IQCA/iqcao.pdf

Pour ce qui de faire le plein, allez chez costco pour ceux qui sont membre, ils vendent aux prix minimum. Bien souvent, le prix du super est presque l'équivalent du régulier partout ailleurs aux alentours.

"long distances" you must be kidding, right ?

75 mètres ou 65 secondes de marche... une longue distance !?

You young whippersnappers don't understand... I mean old people, or someone who is injured or recovering from an operation... I remember taking my dad home from the hospital, not far, he had walked there to get there, but to get home I had to take him to the car on a wheelchair and drive at 10 km/h not to be hard on bumps.

But ultimately even if the person is lazy, it's their issue and not anyone else's, nor is it widespread enough or really significant in itself to cause any kind of societal problem. One can say drunk driving is a problem, but short driving? Ben la :rotfl:

Modifié par Cyrus

You young whippersnappers don't understand... I mean old people, or someone who is injured or recovering from an operation... I remember taking my dad home from the hospital, not far, he had walked there to get there, but to get home I had to take him to the car on a wheelchair and drive at 10 km/h not to be hard on bumps.

(By the way my neighbor is in perfect shape, he goes to my gym, and he's in his 30s. I also see him around on his bike. He's more than capable of walking to the dep 75 meters away, it's just that he's lazy.)

But ultimately even if the person is lazy, it's their issue and not anyone else's, nor is it widespread enough or really significant in itself to cause any kind of societal problem. One can say drunk driving is a problem, but short driving? Ben la :rotfl:

Person A is lazy and doesn't feel like putting a piece of garbage in a garbage can, so he just drops it on the floor. He is polluting. He is compromising the quality of life of others.

Person B is lazy and doesn't feel like walking 65 seconds to the dep, so he just gets in his car and drives there and back. He is creating noise pollution and air pollution as well as wasting a finite resource.

Is that finite resource person B's to waste? Perhaps, but that doesn't mean it's a considerate thing to do. Is anyone really going to care that much? No, not more so than littering... but ultimately this is a thought experiment and a dramatization to emphasize a point.

Yes person A can theoretically litter if he wants, and yes person B has every right to drive their car as much as they want, but that doesn't mean it's a smart thing to do ecologically or socioeconomically.

If we got our acts together and gave a second thought to conservation and sustainability, we could do a world of good that would have cascading benefits for society as a whole.

It's called being considerate. Nobody is going to yell at you because you drove to the depanneur which is 75 meters away, but why not do a good thing instead? Nobody is going to yell at you because you tossed your cigarette bud outside the window onto a public square, but why not do the right thing and just throw it into a designated receptacle? Anyway, i'm ranting here, but society as a whole would benefit greatly from a little common sense and consideration.

Modifié par Cataclaw

• Administrateur

Man, my grand father (RIP) was bitching that my house had two steps between the kitchen and living room... lol, can you imagine if he has to walk this far (actually he was walking alot, but stairs weren't good for him)... everyone is different.

Peut-être que ton voisin allait chercher 2-3 caisses de bières pour un party qu'il organisait, c'était donc plus pratique d'avoir son auto que de faire 3 aller-retour à pied.

On ne devrait pas critiquer les attitudes différentes des nôtres mais bien essayer de les comprendre avant tout.

Peut-être que ton voisin allait chercher 2-3 caisses de bières pour un party qu'il organisait, c'était donc plus pratique d'avoir son auto que de faire 3 aller-retour à pied.

On ne devrait pas critiquer les attitudes différentes des nôtres mais bien essayer de les comprendre avant tout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i9RN_8FbVM

Non. Il s'est acheté un sac de chips. Il est en forme c'est ça le pire, il va à mon gym.

Au contraire, OursNoir. Il faut critiquer les attitudes. On dépense un montant de resources incroyable par personne et ce n'est pas durable. Je suis ne pas un écolo-hippy qui veut conserver tout et revenir à l'age de pierre, mais quand même, au lieu de laisser toutes les lumières allumées, fermes-en dont quelques unes, hein? Au lieu de jetter ton déchet à terre, gardes-le dans ta main pour un autre 100m et jettes le au vidanges (ou mieux encore, le recyclage). Au lieu de prendre ton char pour franchir une distance de 75m, prend de l'air à place.