Aller au contenu
publicité

Canadiens de Montréal

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

publicité

He is just joking around people:

Leafs fans never smirk. In fact, we don't smile much at all.

Anyway, I will go into work tomorrow with no voice because I'm gonna scream like a woman tonight at the bell centre!

• Administrateur

From the desk of Scott Moore, Executive Director of CBC TV Sports, comes a look at emerging trends in the world of sports broadcasting and what weighs into decisions at Canada's public broadcaster

We love Montreal. We really do.

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 | 11:06 PM ET

Montreal is one of the greatest cities in the world. It certainly has the best restaurants. And it arguably has the best hockey fans in the country.

I’m a little biased. I grew up there and am a Canadiens fan. My biggest idols growing up were Jean Beliveau, Henri Richard and Yvan Cournoyer.

So as a former Montrealer, it really bugs me to hear the press in that city say that CBC Sports is anti-Habs. Nothing could be further from the truth. Especially recently.

The Canadiens are a great team. They are a legitimate Stanley Cup favourite, and may be for several years. The Boston-Montreal series has produced some of the most entertaining hockey of the playoffs. I am hopeful we’ll be covering the Habs for quite a while into the spring.

The Habs form a major part of the history of Hockey Night in Canada - and its future.

What long-time Montreal fan doesn't get chills from Danny Gallivan's classic calls? No broadcaster in the world is more closely associated with a single team than Dick Irvin, who remains a valued member of the Hockey Night in Canada team.

Hockey Night in Canada and the Habs will hopefully always be intertwined.

So let me dispel a few myths:

#1: “Hockey Night in Canada is only showing Montreal in the playoffs because Toronto is not playing.” This is crazy. We show EVERY Canadian team in the playoffs. In fact, this year, we have worked hard with the NHL to ensure that none of the Habs, Senators or Flames games overlap, so that the biggest possible audiences can see every game.

#2: “CBC never shows the Canadiens on Saturday Nights.”

This year, we had 19 Habs games on Hockey Night in Canada. That’s up from 13 last year. (And we’d really love to do more next season). That's more than any other English network, and more games than any team in the league other than Toronto.

Some broadcasts were national, some were just in Quebec, some everywhere but Southern Ontario, but all were available on our regional feeds. Additionally, we devoted an entire Saturday pre-game show to the live ceremony of Bob Gainey’s sweater retirement - in both languages.

#3: “Don Cherry is anti-Montreal.”

Not true. Just last night, Don was adamant that Carey Price should be the hands-down rookie of the year. He has been one of Price’s biggest promoters this season. Don has always been a huge fan of Kirk Muller. Nobody was a bigger supporter for Saku Koivu when he was being criticized for his linguistic shortcomings earlier this season.

But all this will probably never convince ardent Habs fans that we somehow are rooting against them. That’s OK. I love passionate hockey fans. But just know that as a guy that bleeds Canadiens blue and red, that’s a tough criticism to stomach.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/moore/2008/04/we_love_montreal_we_really_do.html

Les commentaires des gens sont assez corrosifs envers CBC... malade!

J'espère que la police est aux aguets. Je sens que ça pourrait mal aller si on gagne.

Stupide, c'est juste la première ronde, il ne devrait pas avoir de vitres brisées avant les demi-finales.

peekay and monctezuma, don't park your Mercedes near the Bell Centre. :ohmygod:

J'espère que la police est aux aguets. Je sens que ça pourrait mal aller si on gagne.

Stupide, c'est juste la première ronde, il ne devrait pas avoir de vitres brisées avant les demi-finales.

Effectivement, elle sera aux aguets

source: http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20080417/CPSPORTS0101/80417157/6730/CPACTUALITES

Presse Canadienne

Montréal

Le Service de police de la Ville de Montréal ajustera les dispositifs policiers, jeudi soir, autour du Centre Bell, alors que le Canadien pourrait éliminer les Bruins de Boston, dans le cadre des séries éliminatoires de la LNH.

Le SPVM souligne qu'il a élaboré différents plans de couverture policière selon le type d'événement, au meilleur des connaissances du corps policier.

Pour les séries de la Coupe Stanley, le SPVM a développé un plan en plusieurs phases, qui se veut graduel, selon la progression du club de hockey dans les séries de fin de saison. Cela se traduit notamment par l'augmentation graduelle des effectifs policiers autour de l'amphithéâtre et des principales artères commerciales de la ville.

Le Canadien mène 3-1 dans la première ronde des séries face aux Bostonnais.