Aller au contenu

Canadiens de Montréal

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

Apparently the Bruins want to move Tim Thomas. I wouldn't mind seeing the Habs pick him up to provide support to Price.

are you nuts ? they need an old, washed out veteran who's physically unable to play over 20 games a year. otherwise we'll just end up with another goalie war, having to endure another 8 months of "demain soir, price ou thomas ?!" .. my ears are bleeding just thinking about it..

get price an old timer, who's seen it all, who's had success, but most importantly, has no real desire to steal the kid's job. at this point, have to be ready to basically "waste" the next season on price, if need be. play him for 60 games; if he pulls it off, he might never come down. if he's still unable to get his game up to speed for the major leagues, the decision whether to keep him or not come next summer will just be easier.

[edit: i stand corrected .. thomas is alot older than i thought he was .. i just didnt like the fact he played 43 regular season games for the bruins last year. i'd like to get someone who already knows he's a backup. i get the impression thomas would still want to be martin's main goalie if price ever faces difficulties, rather than understand his role and be there to support the kid].

Modifié par pedepy

Apparently the Bruins want to move Tim Thomas. I wouldn't mind seeing the Habs pick him up to provide support to Price.

I think Thomas is paid something like 5 millions a year. That is way too expensive for a back up goalie. And right now, he is a problem for the Bruins. If we were to get him in Montréal, we would be helping the Bruins. We don't want to do that...

That would be a horrible move for the habs. I understand the Habs need to get a veteran goalie to back-up Price, but Thomas makes 5 million$ per year...the Habs are already tight up against the cap...we just can't afford that kind of money for a back-up who'll most likely play less than 25 games!

Good riddance. Never liked Sergei very much.

The off-season overhaul in Montreal continues as the team announced Tuesday that they have acquired forward Dustin Boyd, goaltender Dan Ellis and future considerations from the Nashville Predators in exchange for Sergei Kostitsyn and future considerations.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=326077