Aller au contenu
publicité

Messages recommendés

the situation with the graffiti is totally out of control downtown, makes large parts of the city look like like a dump (st. Catherine and st.Laurent are a disgrace)

Ever been to any other medium to large sized cities? Graffiti just part of living in the city, and generally is indicative of a healthy urban culture. Every great city in the world has it. Actually, if I saw a city the size of Montreal without graffiti it might make me nervous. I would think "where are they hiding the real people?". Montreal is sparkling clean compared to almost any city of it's size. I wouldn't want it to become any more sterile.

But don't worry, Laval and Nun's Island will be graffiti-proof for another 20 years...

publicité
It is going to be even more stunning, when the Bonaventure completed and all those buildings that are "supposed" to be built. It would be a micro-NYC.

I agree these photos are great! I just hope they don't build suburban-style towers with grassy lots and narrow sidewalks. I'd like to some New-York style avenues with wide sidewalks (20-30 feet doesn't hurt) in the streets parallel to the Bonaventure developments (the North-South streets between de la Montagne and McGill street). It needs to look like 8th ave in Chelsea, not Scarborough, Ontario!

A certain physical density needs to be maintained to achieve that effect, which includes not only a proliferation of tall buildings but a more urban environment at the street level.

Ever been to any other medium to large sized cities? Graffiti just part of living in the city, and generally is indicative of a healthy urban culture. Every great city in the world has it. Actually, if I saw a city the size of Montreal without graffiti it might make me nervous. I would think "where are they hiding the real people?". Montreal is sparkling clean compared to almost any city of it's size. I wouldn't want it to become any more sterile.

But don't worry, Laval and Nun's Island will be graffiti-proof for another 20 years...

Tell you what, give me your address and I'll show up at 3am and make a complete mess of your front door and windows ,and I'll even take care of your car (if you have one) free of charge, oh and if you come out I'll spray your shirt and pants just to complete the job

...Montreal is sparkling clean compared to almost any city of it's size...

(sorry to continue the wrong discussion, please feel free to paste this into the right thread)

This is wrong. When was the last time you visited a large American city? They really get cleaner and cleaner every year. Even the very dense areas. Just compare similar American neighbourhoods with those of Montreal. Google maps would probably work. Otherwise just visit them! Compare similar-density or similar-rent neighbourhoods and you'll find that the idea that Montreal and Toronto are cleaner than most American cities is just not true anymore.

I'm so disapointed we will lose sight of KPMG tower from University avenue!

J'ai pensé à la même chose en regardant ces deux photos mais avec une nuance : je n'ai jamais vraiment aimé la tour KPMG alors le fait que Altitude vienne la masquer ne me gêne pas trop. En plus, Altitude viendra renforcer l'effet de canyon sur la rue Université.

(sorry to continue the wrong discussion, please feel free to paste this into the right thread)

This is wrong. When was the last time you visited a large American city? They really get cleaner and cleaner every year. Even the very dense areas. Just compare similar American neighbourhoods with those of Montreal. Google maps would probably work. Otherwise just visit them! Compare similar-density or similar-rent neighbourhoods and you'll find that the idea that Montreal and Toronto are cleaner than most American cities is just not true anymore.

You have to keep in mind that most American cities aren't covered in snow for 4-5 months a year. In the spring, the snow melts and the garbage that accumulated is uncovered. Montreal is probably the snowiest major city (2million+) in North America. (Montreal gets approximately double the annual snowfall of Boston, and is much colder in winter time)

Modifié par Vauxhall

Some assholes from «La Phase Trois», Nun's Island's «poorest» part, tagged the ex-Esso station (signed by Mies Van Der Rohe) a few months ago, it didn't last for long. :cool:

You have to keep in mind that most American cities aren't covered in snow for 4-5 months a year. In the spring, the snow melts and the garbage that accumulated is uncovered. Montreal is probably the snowiest major city (2million+) in North America. (Montreal gets approximately double the annual snowfall of Boston, and is much colder in winter time)

Ironic that the word "snow" is used to give voice to all of this city's problems. Potholes? Well, it's because of show. Tons of trash on the streets throughout the year? Well, let's blame the snow!

After years of dealing with city administrations across Canada, I can honestly say the one here in Montreal takes the cake (by a LONG shot) as the most backwards, do-nothing, bureaucratic and embarrassing bunch around. I can't go into details since that wouldn't be a good idea for my organization but seriously, the problems here have nothing to do with snow but rather the city itself. Oh, and for those of you wondering, it has become better under Tremblay but all of the problems I listed above are still rife throughout this city's administration process.