Aller au contenu

Marché d'édifices à bureaux de Montréal : actualités

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

What's helping Toronto over many other cities in north america is the canadian bank system. 6 major bank. Pretty solid. 5 out of 6 in Toronto.

In usa there are too many banks thousands of different bank that's way too much. Also canada is protecting the bank system with no real competition from foreign bank. What's happening next TD, BMO RBC are buying a lot of smaller bank in usa. Scotia is pretty strong in south america chile, peru, caribe ,central america. This is a lot of pretty good jobs in canadian bank head office. Result Toronto seems to be like a small London.

But Let just see the next big lay off in the banks , i think there are the next casualities.

Too many employees in the finance systeme. I won't be surprised that something gonna happen in that sector. Internet and computers gonna make a lot of office jobs obsolete. It just the beginning.

I won't be surprised if the vacancy rate grow way more in the office market.

Modifié par andre md

I strongly believe that technology has rendered office space irrelevent. I'd be surprised if they'll still be building so much in a few decades.

Business travel will be affected significantly also because of technological advances. This, along with traffic conditions is the reality of modern vacancy rates in Montreal.

Maybe this is the beginning of the new reality and i think it's already in process with the high vacancy in the office market almost everywhere in USA. Usually USA is always the first in the new trend.

I strongly believe that technology has rendered office space irrelevent. I'd be surprised if they'll still be building so much in a few decades.

Business travel will be affected significantly also because of technological advances. This, along with traffic conditions is the reality of modern vacancy rates in Montreal.

Modifié par andre md

On a more positive note. All 3 forms of government are montrealers: Coderre, Couillard and Trudeau (born in Ottawa but MP of papineau riding). Also, all three are liberals. I could see more federal funding coming our way, as opposed to the last 10 years...the conservatives had no love for Montreal.

http://montreal.ctvnews.ca/mobile/montreal-mayor-hoping-for-new-era-of-co-operation-1.2620409

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's helping Toronto over many other cities in north america is the canadian bank system. 6 major bank. Pretty solid. 5 out of 6 in Toronto.

In usa there are too many banks thousands of different bank that's way too much. Also canada is protecting the bank system with no real competition from foreign bank. What's happening next TD, BMO RBC are buying a lot of smaller bank in usa. Scotia is pretty strong in south america chile, peru, caribe ,central america. This is a lot of pretty good jobs in canadian bank head office. Result Toronto seems to be like a small London.

But Let just see the next big lay off in the banks , i think there are the next casualities.

Too many employees in the finance systeme. I won't be surprised that something gonna happen in that sector. Internet and computers gonna make a lot of office jobs obsolete. It just the beginning.

I won't be surprised if the vacancy rate grow way more in the office market.

You're right about the banks!

http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/business/td-bank-job-cuts-scotiabank-1.3284524

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's not forget this...

Another 6 million square feet of loft or industrial space has been converted to offices in the past 10 years or so,

6 million square fet is alot! Had we not had all those shitty buildings (Chabanel and in Mile-End) all those companies would've stayed downtown. RBC and TD moved their back-office call centers out of the downtown core and into the Mile End!

That hurts the downtown market! Like I said before, 6 million sq feet is alot. You could build six 50 storey towers witha million sq feet each!

Wow. That's an excellent point HabsFan.

Also, the fact that Montreal is not a coastal city, allows for our suburbs to spread in a doughnut shape all around us as opposed to Toronto which can spread everywhere expect over Lake Ontario. Obviously..

• 2 semaines plus tard...