Aller au contenu

Redéveloppement du site du Bassin Peel

IluvMTL

Messages recommendés

1 hour ago, Exposteve said:

I believe some are confusing Claridge Homes (Ottawa based housing development company) and Claridge, the investment company run by Stephen Bronfman. They are not the same. 

Thank you. You beat me to it! 👍🏼

This is a old rendering when the idea was to place the stadium in the remnants of an abandoned train yard between Mountain and Peel streets, far west of the land being discussed here (that is why it seems on the wrong side of the tracks). That project was supported by the Brofman's but the land has since been sold. It was a great idea that never got off the ground.

Modifié par Doctor D
More information needed

3 hours ago, Doctor D said:

This is a old rendering when the idea was to place the stadium in the remnants of an abandoned train yard between Mountain and Peel streets, far west of the land being discussed here (that is why it seems on the wrong side of the tracks). That project was supported by the Brofman's but the land has since been sold. It was a great idea that never got off the ground.

It's where the fabulous Jardins Windsor is built today. 

Ce qui

Il y a 12 heures, Doctor D a dit :

Ce qui montre bien que le développement d'une ville est fait d'opportunités et aussi d'occasions manquées. Tout cela dans un contexte directement dépendant du marché et du cycle économique du moment.

Or pour un stade au centre-ville, les espaces sont de plus en plus limités et il a été démontré que le bassin Peel était de loin le meilleur site à Montréal, pour une question de rentabilité (d'assistance) et de retour de la ligue de baseball.

À ce propos je dirais que le temps presse, car la pression immobilière s'accroit. Il se pourrait alors que la métropole échappe la balle si les astres ne s'alignent pas convenablement. J'imagine le suspense intense en coulisse pour les promoteurs d'un stade, qui verrait la dernière opportunité vraiment favorable leur glisser des mains. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 2020-12-14 at 10:10 PM, Doctor D said:

On 2020-12-15 at 2:06 AM, Gjm127 said:

It's where the fabulous Jardins Windsor is built today. 

Both of these posts are confusing to me.

Is the first one in reference to the 1990s rendering from Provencher Roy that I posted Monday? Yes, the Brochu-led Expos were going to build near the Dow Planetarium and old Bonaventure Station site.

If it’s in reference to the placement of the REM structure on the Devimco rendering for the Bridge-Wellington site, it’s an optical illusion. That particular drawing shows the green REM line hovering above its structure below, so it appears to be on the east side of the CN tracks (which are actually at ground level by that point). The tracks aren’t even visible in the rendering I posted (though the planetarium and Place Bonaventure are). That’s why I’m confused by the posts.

On 2020-12-14 at 3:29 PM, ethlaw said:

Maybe I'm missing something (I don't live in Canada - I just like to follow various urban planning forums), but isn't the REM being built on the other side of the train tracks than what's being shown in that rendering? 

See how the green line and station are “floating” above an elevated structure?