Jump to content

Station Des Sources - Discussion


    Recommended Posts

    • 6 months later...

    The Crane!

    Just like we saw late last summer at Fairview, the big crane is now at des Sources to hoist the huge platform beams into place ahead of station construction.

     

    30A3A876-6A60-4A30-90BB-F54AE36D73F2.jpeg

    6A03EEF5-F84C-423F-9231-CED3E17FAEEA.jpeg

    E166F6F9-81BB-447E-9D6C-F12348783B25.jpeg
     

    image.gif.1b15e5275fb18acda659d89789af7dac.gif

    • Like 4
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    il y a 20 minutes, go_habs_go a dit :

    The best part of the des Sources station is you can pick up some gas as soon as you get off the train. You can even "shop around" as there's an Esso across the street. 

    C'est sûrement une boutade!  

    Malheureusement, ou probablement heureusement à court/moyen terme, la station Esso devrait faire place à un usage plus approprié pour le site qu'elle occupe.

    • Haha 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Not to be constantly negative, but this station is in a complete desert: it’s not in or near a residential area, it’s nowhere near any of the dense commercial areas, and it’s not even in a particularly dense industrial sector. The land speculation has already begun, with new developers like Rosefellow snapping up properties to build huge warehouses and truck terminals, but these places won’t have enough employees to fill the trains. Still, it will be a very good thing for the hundreds of car-less people working within a 2 km radius who currently cut across des Sources (between the lights) and the A-40 overpass to get to the STM bus stops.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    36 minutes ago, SameGuy said:

    Not to be constantly negative, but this station is in a complete desert: it’s not in or near a residential area, it’s nowhere near any of the dense commercial areas, and it’s not even in a particularly dense industrial sector. The land speculation has already begun, with new developers like Rosefellow snapping up properties to build huge warehouses and truck terminals, but these places won’t have enough employees to fill the trains. Still, it will be a very good thing for the hundreds of car-less people working within a 2 km radius who currently cut across des Sources (between the lights) and the A-40 overpass to get to the STM bus stops.

    Pointe Claire is in the process of a zoning change from industriel to commercial, i believe they they want to create a dense area of 7 floor (25M) hotels , offices along with lots of retail and restaurants. see the link

     

    https://www.pointe-claire.ca/content/uploads/2021/02/2021-02-09_projet-de-reglement_items-10-04-10-05.pdf

    1 minute ago, LexD said:

    Pointe Claire is in the process of a zoning change from industriel to commercial, i believe they they want to create a dense area of 7 floor (25M) hotels , offices along with lots of retail and restaurants. see the link

     

    https://www.pointe-claire.ca/content/uploads/2021/02/2021-02-09_projet-de-reglement_items-10-04-10-05.pdf

    Unfortunately , Dorval doesnt seem to have the same vision for the East side of Sources blvd. The zoning remains the same and the Esso station (which is a prime location) is being demolished for a new Esso station with Starbucks, very lackluster and a waste of valuable real estate.

    • Like 2
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    4 hours ago, LexD said:

    Pointe Claire is in the process of a zoning change from industriel to commercial, i believe they they want to create a dense area of 7 floor (25M) hotels , offices along with lots of retail and restaurants. see the link

     

    https://www.pointe-claire.ca/content/uploads/2021/02/2021-02-09_projet-de-reglement_items-10-04-10-05.pdf

    Unfortunately , Dorval doesnt seem to have the same vision for the East side of Sources blvd. The zoning remains the same and the Esso station (which is a prime location) is being demolished for a new Esso station with Starbucks, very lackluster and a waste of valuable real estate.

    Thanks! I hadn’t seen that Pte Claire document, good info.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    On 2021-05-14 at 7:49 PM, SameGuy said:

    Now, like Sergakis with the Manoir on St-Jean/Hymus, whomever owns the Lafleur at des Sources/Hymus is sitting on a goldmine.

    A delicious goldmine lol

    • Like 2
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    On 2021-05-14 at 7:49 PM, SameGuy said:

    Now, like Sergakis with the Manoir on St-Jean/Hymus, whomever owns the Lafleur at des Sources/Hymus is sitting on a goldmine.

    That corner is very industrial. Converting it to residential could make sense, but who would want to live on the corner of Sources and Hymus?

    • Like 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now
    ×
    ×
    • Create New...