Aller au contenu

REM - Antenne Ouest

Messages recommendés

Been discussed to death. It makes no sense to extend a metro 15 km through a park and farms, just like Chambly, Mirabel, Boucherville, St-Pie-de-Bagàpopcorn. Exurbs are properly served by a good suburban train network (exo is not good).

• Like 1
  • D'accord 1

Yup. Or as I said, even just across the TCan into the very busy industrial park. Anse and Sources are poorly (almost uselessly) located, while both Fairview and Kirkland really should’ve been at the transversal boulevards. Pretty sure the Caisse was really banking on huge residential developments at the four West Island stations. I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

• D'accord 3

On 2023-04-11 at 3:52 PM, SameGuy said:

Been discussed to death. It makes no sense to extend a metro 15 km through a park and farms, just like Chambly, Mirabel, Boucherville, St-Pie-de-Bagàpopcorn. Exurbs are properly served by a good suburban train network (exo is not good).

Help me understand this one.

15 KM through a park and farms?

13 KM to Gare Vaudreuil. A large part is the bridge itself and going through Vaudreuil, I'd imagine there'd be a station or two before the Gare Vaudreuil station.

image.png.576d49a61cb2ae7e747e4c05f3618a05.png

On 2023-04-12 at 9:35 AM, caribb said:

It would have seen logical though to bring it right into Ste-Anne-de-Bellevue as opposed to this midway point where you have to bus your way anywhere. 

Absolutely it should have terminated at St Anne de Bellevue train station  / John Abbott, but I'm positive the thinking at the time  was "We'll extend it when we're forced to rebuild the bridge soon enough"

But now probably we'll have neither.

Exactly. It doesn’t make sense to build a metro across 10 km of almost nothing (Anse station to St-Charles) at $150-250-350 million a kilometre so it can serve an exurb. For the cost of this extension (to have a metro not serving anybody for 10 km before reaching an exurb with 50,000 residents sprawled over a large area), the entire exo1 suburban railway could be refurbished, modernized, and electrified, including dedicated tracks and modern stations with level boarding like in the civilized world. Frequent, two-way, all-day service on quick, modern EMUs would be a game changer for a LOT more people than sending a light metro out to the centre of Vaudreuil to capture perhaps 5000 commuters (much of which would be cannibalization off exo1) and a few leisure riders and shoppers.

• Like 1

il y a 19 minutes, SameGuy a dit :

Exactly. It doesn’t make sense to build a metro across 10 km of almost nothing (Anse station to St-Charles) at $150-250-350 million a kilometre so it can serve an exurb. For the cost of this extension (to have a metro not serving anybody for 10 km before reaching an exurb with 50,000 residents sprawled over a large area), the entire exo1 suburban railway could be refurbished, modernized, and electrified, including dedicated tracks and modern stations with level boarding like in the civilized world. Frequent, two-way, all-day service on quick, modern EMUs would be a game changer for a LOT more people than sending a light metro out to the centre of Vaudreuil to capture perhaps 5000 commuters (much of which would be cannibalization off exo1) and a few leisure riders and shoppers.

Population of ile perrot island at 41 000 is close to the population of  Vaudreuil-Dorion at 43000. Make more sens to desserve those two zone with an improved exo 1 line.  Also ile Perrot still have a lot of potential for  new residential devellopment.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, montrealgoalie said:

Help me understand this one.

15 KM through a park and farms?

13 KM to Gare Vaudreuil. A large part is the bridge itself and going through Vaudreuil, I'd imagine there'd be a station or two before the Gare Vaudreuil station.

image.png.576d49a61cb2ae7e747e4c05f3618a05.png

Absolutely it should have terminated at St Anne de Bellevue train station  / John Abbott, but I'm positive the thinking at the time  was "We'll extend it when we're forced to rebuild the bridge soon enough"

But now probably we'll have neither.

If it ever does get proposed seriously, my working assumption is that it would use a southern alignment through Île-Perrot. Right now, I have to agree with what others have said. We have other priorities.

• Like 1
  • D'accord 1

• 4 semaines plus tard...

Every time I see this I wonder when it'll be corrected

image.png

They seem to have given up on that fence lol. I wonder who noticed what first. The misaligned cheap lego piece of a structure or the fence could not be linked together. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2