Aller au contenu

Royalmount

denpanosekai

Messages recommendés

56 minutes ago, FrancSoisD said:

Thx! I guess we shall expect a many more within the upcoming months, because of the vast footprint of this project. ;)

According to Carbonleo website and twitter, they are working on phase 1 which is pretty much the original draft of the project. So judging by the first rendering, 2 of the cranes are for hotels and the lower crane is for a segment of the mall.

the highest crane is positionned where the hotel that is next to where the pedestrian bridge linking to de la savane will be.

• Like 1

Les annotations négatives ne répondront pas aux questions légitimes que je pose et qui intéressent au plus haut point les montréalais. Puisqu'ils sont directement concernés, non seulement en rapport à leur qualité de vie future, mais aussi en tant que doubles payeurs de taxe à la Ville de Montréal et au gouvernement du Québec via le MTQ.

Dans une société démocratique on ne peut pas donner le feu vert à un projet de cette importance sans en connaitre sérieusement les tenants et aboutissements. Alors aux questions précises il faut des réponses précises et non les généralités simplistes qu'on nous servies jusqu'à date.

• Like 2

Once again, i agree with some of the points you bring, yet i disagree with some others. To simplify answering with my cellphone, i'll reply under each assertion in the quote below. :)

On 2020-02-02 at 9:48 PM, LexD said:

name one city that builds bedroom communities at the rate Montréal does considering the popular growth in relation to Montreal.

■ Calgary, Edmonton & Toronto proportionally DO compete with us in terms of sprawl, yet they beat us in per capita growth! TO's exurbs beyond Hamilton, Kitchener-Waterloo-Cambridge, Guelph, Barrie, Peterborough, Port Hope, etc. make Mtl's Lachute, St. Jérôme, Joliette & other satellite towns & surrounding smaller low-density communities pale in comparison... 😨

other cities in Canada are expanding and developing faster but what i am speaking of is type of building. I lived in Vancouver many years. I watched the Millenium line go up. they built high density TOD all along that line, even with the REM coming , there is no area along that line that has anything remotely close to the density and number of floors you see  go up in Vancouver.

■ True, for the time being. However, at least 2 Brossard TODs located along the REM have plans for towers between 25-35-storeys. It's perhaps nothing compared to the 60-80-storey bldgs that may pop up in places such as Burnaby, New Westminster, Mississauga, or Vaughan, yet it's a "game changer" for the Greater Mtl, as max 4-storey rental appt. bldgs. had been the norm here for at least 4 decades! ;)

Toronto has North York for its midtown. Vancouver has MetroTown. Almost all développements in these cities are multi-dwelling post 2000. Its only here we are building cul-de sac neighborhoods that are exploding populations in places like Mirabel.

■ I strongly disagree that this old American dream model doesn't exist elsewhere in Canada! As i wrote earlier, ON and BC cities have taken the lead, but we're gradually playing catch-up. (Finally!) ;)

The worst part of this is we are geographically the most destined to fail at this form of urbanization. Montreal is an island , its main suburb to the north is an island. People on the North shore have to cross 2 bridges just to get to the northern most end of the island, downtown is on the south side. We can only have so many bridges. we cant build anymore bridges without destroying entire neighborhoods or eco systems.

■ Disagreed regarding the highlighted phrase! Basically, other than more or less heavy public transit lines, it's the highway system that ensures a metropolis' mobility. Mtl has an "overdeveloped" hwy system that encompasses way more sectors than TO's or Vancouver's Greater areas, with seven (!) E-W hwys (counting Hwy 50), and 6 (!) N-S (counting Hwy 30 between the 40 and Valleyfield's Grande Île). Of course, our hwy network is older, and offers less capacity per corridor than TO's major ones, but that's also a matter of induced demand, which would be a complex tangent to include in this discussion...

Its time Montreal starts developping antenna CBD's (central business districts) starting with Royalmount.

■ Fully agreed, though we don't need to wait after Rymt! Cities of the future will develop as interconnected webs, not like suffocating stars doomed to implode at the end of their "useful lives"! ;)

The PMAD is great but its lack luster. it focuses on Montreal's old pre-merger limits.

■ Yes, it does lack ambition. Keep in mind it's a work-in-progress which can be readjusted by the involved municipalities and other actors once every 2 years! And nope, it actually applies to the whole CMM territory, which encompasses the North Shore's 2nd and 3rd belts, Vaudreuil, Laval, the South Shore's 1st and 2nd belts.

It needs to be revised to be more ambitious towards mixed high density specifically in West Island , East End , South Shore and Laval. Laval needs to stop building car dependant residential towers because well… the residents are car dependant, i believe there new projects will help that city become more sustainable….. Sustainable developement is about living , working and playing in the same area. I'm pretty amazed that a lot people in this city think of when it comes to reducing emissions is creating better public transit. Thats only part of the solution, we need the majority of people to live close to where they work so we need to start planning the city out in that respect. it would save billions in infrastructure.

■ Dead on! 👍

But our mayor believes all roads should still lead to downtown...and they should all be bike paths or pink metros.

■ Yep, the Projet Mtl-controlled Executive Council so far seems to be downtown-centric. However, many dissenting voices inside the party are evermore manifest, too. Nope, the party doesn't believe everyone shall cycle nor take the pink line, come on! (Or else they wouldn't have boosted road maintenance as they did, while not really increasing the dismal bike network budget since Coderre.)

frankly Royalmount is not big enough...they should merge and connect the blue bonnets conversion project with Royalmount and create a true midtown and repeat this planning to all 4 corners of the city.

■ Also agreed! Rymt shall overflow up to BB, Carré Décarie, the Triangle, Westbury, Cavendish south, and especially on the St. Laurent side (but its stubborn mayor doesn't generally believe bldgs shall be higher than 7 floors...) 🙈

Cheers!

On 2020-02-03 at 9:41 AM, acpnc said:

Face aux hypothèses ci-haut mentionnées, il m'apparait pertinent de poser plusieurs questions à ce stade-ci des travaux, étant donné le manque de transparence évident de la part de Carbonleo et de VMR. Ce qui me rappelle une situation généralisée durant les pires années de l'administration Vaillancourt à Laval.

#1Où sont les résultats des supposées consultations auprès de la population promises par le promoteur?

#2 Où sont les plans définitifs et détaillés pour que nous puissions vraiment juger de ce qui sera vraiment construit sur le site et non se fier sur des hypothèses à partir d'anciens rendus?

#3 Le projet aura-t-il aussi une vocation résidentielle et si oui quelle est son importance par rapport à l'ensemble du projet, sa localisation et la clientèle visée?

#4 Quels sont les changements apportés par le promoteur en vue d'assurer l'acceptabilité sociale du Royalmount?

#5 Quelles sont les ententes avec le MTQ (si ententes il y a) afin de mitiger les effets du mégacentre commercial sur la circulation du réseau routier 15/40.

#6 Quelles sont les infrastructures que la Ville de Montréal devra construire ou aménager en vue desservir et d'intégrer le Royalmount au secteur environnant?

#7 A combien les travaux de ces infrastructures sont-ils estimés et qui paiera la facture?

Comme on peut le voir, ce mégacentre, contrairement à un projet d'importance moyenne, nécessitera d'importants investissements publics, mais rien ne garantit que ceux qui paierons les dépenses seront les bénéficiaires directs des taxes qu'il générera.

C'est en fait un autre exemple des inconhérences inhérentes à la gouvernance bancale de Montréal et ses banlieues immédiates. Une situation héritée des défusions sur l'ile de Montréal, où par un simple traçé délimitant les nouveaux territoires, les intérêts d'une entité municipale (VMR) peuvent s'opposer aux intérêts de la majorité (Ville de Montréal), sans que cette dernière ne puisse défendre équitablement ses propres intérêts dans l'affaire, ni celle de ses concitoyens. 

Le moins que l'on puisse dire, c'est que le processus est vicié depuis le début de l'annonce du projet, et qu'il conduit à une absence de consensus régional, où la majorité des citadins qui subiront les effets directs des inconvénients causés, n'ont aucun moyen légal pour s'en protéger. Une aberration intolérable dans une société de droit et sans précédent à Montréal, dont la majorité se retrouvera face à un fait accompli sans avoir même eu droit au chapitre.

Questions pertinentes, quoique la #3 dépende a priori de VMR, et non de Carbonleo...

On 2020-02-03 at 6:28 PM, rnr_ss said:

Ça avait tu été publié ici ? Ça date d'il y a 3 semaines sur vimeo

Parmi leurs images "de Mtl"... 😂

Screenshot_2020-02-03-19-41-21.png

Screenshot_2020-02-03-19-44-50.png

• Thanks 1