Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

What about Bickerdyke? Are they planning to welcome cruise ships full of tourists at that spot? If not, where then?

The place where cruise ships dock now is next to a rusted out shed on an old pier. It's kind of embarassing; what a way to welcome tourists!

• Réponses 27
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

Membres prolifiques

Photos publiées

•Nom: Bassin Peel

•Année de réalisation: en cours

•Adresse: Bassin Peel, Montréal

•Catégorie: Bureaux, commerces, hôtels et loisirs

•Superficie: 1 000 000 pc

•Type: Acquisition, promotion et gestion

Sur les autres projets en réalisation de ce groupe, ils font la conception. Or, pour ce projet, ils ne sont responsable que de l'achat des terrains, et de la "promotion" du projet?

Qui en assurera la conception alors? J'ai l'impression que c'est "en cours", mais pas tant que ça.

• 1 mois plus tard...

On devrait peut-être rebaptiser le fil "Bassin Peel" uniquement, j'en ai pas trouver d'autres pertinents pour le lieu précisément qui a un potentiel incroyable, que ce soit dans le cadre du projet Griffintown ou autrement. Voici quelques photos pour les gens qui n'ont pas l'occasion de s'y rendre.

Entrée / Accès au bassin:

Vue de Griffintown et du centre-ville sous le pont du train (rue Peel):

Bassin Peel:

Canal Lachine, tout de suite après le bassin (on peut voir les Lofts Redpath et le Nordelec):

Il manque quelques prises de l'autre côté du bassin, la vue du centre-ville est très belle, mais comme j'étais à pied et que le pont est un peu loin, j'ai laissé faire.

Modifié par Malek

• 3 années plus tard...

Pas sur si c'est un vieux projet et je doute que ca se contrétise mais je suis tombé sur cette évocation:

Bassin-Peel-gros-plan.jpg

On peut aussi voir une tour en arrière a coté de Habitat 67.

Selon le site,

Edit: Oubliez ca, je viens de trouver un sujet de Gilbert datant de 2008 et mentionnant ce projet...

http://www.mtlurb.com/forums/showthread.php/1931-Bassin-Peel-D%C3%A9veloppement-pr%C3%A8s-de-l-Habitat-67?highlight=bassin+peel

Modifié par Philippe

The place where cruise ships dock now is next to a rusted out shed on an old pier. It's kind of embarassing; what a way to welcome tourists!

Yes, I ve been wondering about rusted shed. How is it that the old port still doesnt have a state of the art venue for cruise ship arrival on the site? How long has the corporation been working on the old port? Isnt it about time a better set of building emerges from the harbor?

Pas sur si c'est un vieux projet et je doute que ca se contrétise mais je suis tombé sur cette évocation:

Bassin-Peel-gros-plan.jpg

On peut aussi voir une tour en arrière a coté de Habitat 67.

Selon le site,

Edit: Oubliez ca, je viens de trouver un sujet de Gilbert datant de 2008 et mentionnant ce projet...

http://www.mtlurb.com/forums/showthread.php/1931-Bassin-Peel-D%C3%A9veloppement-pr%C3%A8s-de-l-Habitat-67?highlight=bassin+peel

Wow, assez de vision, FAISONS!

Yes, I ve been wondering about rusted shed. How is it that the old port still doesnt have a state of the art venue for cruise ship arrival on the site? How long has the corporation been working on the old port? Isnt it about time a better set of building emerges from the harbor?

I agree. That building is ugly, the worst part of Vieux Port!

I had read somewhere that the Port was going to renovate it but the plan was put on hold when the economic crisis hit in 2008. I think that it may be part of the current phase of upgrades but I'm not sure. I've I also read that Tourisme Montréal is planning on boosting cruise business from 40 or so ships per year. The high season is currently Sept/Oct (fall colours) but they would like to have more year-round cruise business. Part of the problem is that cruise ships are becoming larger and larger- too large to fit under the Québec bridge.

Regardless, the industry seems to be happy with the Port. I've seen the lounge area and it's quite attractive but it sits in an ugly building. We need a new one!

The Port of Montreal Receives Two More Awards of Excellence for Its Cruise Operations

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

http://www.seaportspr.com/viewportnews.cgi?newsletter_id=177&article_id=5177

MONTREAL, Quebec - For the third consecutive year, cruise operations at the Port of Montreal were honoured by the prestigious magazine Dream World Cruise Destinations. This year, the Port of Montreal received the Most Efficient Terminal Operator award, which recognizes the most efficiently managed and operated cruise terminals in terms of customs clearance, security, supplying, baggage handling and all services to ships and passengers.

For a second consecutive year, the Port of Montreal also received the Best Turnaround Destination award, which recognizes cruise destinations that offer passengers a superior welcome in terms of excellent transfer service to airports and train stations, a broad array of hotels and a great variety of tourist attractions.

"We are proud to once again receive awards that recognize the efficiency and calibre of our services to international cruise lines. I thank the employees of the Montreal Port Authority and everyone else who plays a role in helping cruise passengers enjoy an outstanding experience when they visit Montreal. It's this spirit of collaboration that put Montreal in a position to be rewarded as a top tourist destination," stated Sylvie Vachon, President and Chief Executive Officer of the Montreal Port Authority.

In 2010, the Port of Montreal welcomed 27 international cruises and 13 cruises between Montreal and the Magdalen Islands, carrying more than 48,000 passengers and crew members. This year, the cruise season will begin on May 7 with the arrival of the Maasdam, which will be the first cruise ship of the 2011 season to dock in Montreal.

Information on the arrivals and departures of cruise ships can be found on the Montreal Port Authority website, at: http://www.port-montreal.com

This is the Maasdam. It runs a regular service from May to October.

IMG_2459VieuxPort.jpg

This is the Aida and is the maximum size ship that can fit under the Québec bridge.

B0022.jpg