Aller au contenu

Le Port-Royal (2011)

MTLskyline

Messages recommendés

And that is what competition does.... it makes others step up their game. No doubt the addition of the Sir George Simpson and the proposal of the W-A made the board at the Port-Royal move to spruce up the place. I know a lot of people loathe this building bit is is a prestigious one and from the inside feels very much in the league of Westmount Square.

• Réponses 39
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

I'm probably in the minority here, but as far as concrete buildings go, Le Port-Royal is one of the nicest. I don't find it ugly at all. It is definitely not in the same category as all of those concrete slabs near Concordia (which mostly seem to have gone up in the 70s, not the 60s like Port-Royal). The cleaning is doing wonders.

I'm probably in the minority here, but as far as concrete buildings go, Le Port-Royal is one of the nicest. I don't find it ugly at all. It is definitely not in the same category as all of those concrete slabs near Concordia (which mostly seem to have gone up in the 70s, not the 60s like Port-Royal). The cleaning is doing wonders.

True this an example of a brutalist architecture, but it certainly is a quite elegant one.

• 3 semaines plus tard...
What makes the Port Royal stand out from other highrises downtown is the lack of balconies. Balconied buildings, from that era at least, look like crap.

Did it used to be a hotel? That woud explain the lack of balconies