Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

• Réponses 2,7k
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

Membres prolifiques

Photos publiées

Je ne sais pas pourquoi les travailleurs etaient fâchés. It was a Saturday morning so maybe that had something to do with it. Also, I think there were safety issues. The digger looked like it was close to toppling over. They asked me if I was a reporter or a hobbyist. Even if I told them I was a hobbyist, they kept yelling at me to stop, certainly the guy controlling the digger who got out and started using expletives. They only continued with their jobs after I walked away. Maybe they didn't get their Tim Hortons coffee and donuts yet. Arf.

I've added a few more photos to the original set. Anyway, check out my blog for other such posts and thanks for the welcome!

Vanishing Montreal

hmc3.jpg

When people want to deny me my rights i get angry.. it's one of the few things that really pisses me off. I'd be like: "Hey, i have every right to stand here and take photographs. If you politely ask me to leave and give me a valid reason, i'll consider it, but if you just shout at me, then you know what, maybe i'll just stick around for a few hours. Try explaining to your boss why you slacked off and got no work done this afternoon. I'm not a reporter but my camera has a video function. Maybe i should record you swearing at me and submit that to the press."

When people want to deny me my rights i get angry.. it's one of the few things that really pisses me off. I'd be like: "Hey, i have every right to stand here and take photographs. If you politely ask me to leave and give me a valid reason, i'll consider it, but if you just shout at me, then you know what, maybe i'll just stick around for a few hours. Try explaining to your boss why you slacked off and got no work done this afternoon. I'm not a reporter but my camera has a video function. Maybe i should record you swearing at me and submit that to the press."

What rights? are you an accredited journalist? Since when are you allowed to photograph people without their consent?

What rights? are you an accredited journalist? Since when are you allowed to photograph people without their consent?

Apparently you've never read the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

According to Canadian law, is it entirely legal to take pictures of a construction site which is in plain and public view. You're also allowed to photograph a construction worker on a construction site even if that site is private property, as long as you're taking the photograph from public property and there is no reasonable expectation of privacy. Given that a skyscraper that will rise to 40 storeys in no way qualifies for "privacy from the public view", you have every right to take pictures. Even below ground level, if there aren't barriers completely encircling the property and you can get a glimpse from street level in a reasonable fashion, then you're allowed to take that picture.

In a more general context, you can also photograph a person without their consent at any time when they're in public space and there is no legal expectation of privacy. If i take a picture of Times Square and there *happen* to be people in the shot (geez, how is that possible) i don't need to go around getting consent forms filled out by every pedestrian.

I used to do photography avidly many years ago and I know the laws well. I'm sorry Malek but that's how it is.

Modifié par Cataclaw

Apparently you've never read the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

According to Canadian law, is it entirely legal to take pictures of a construction site which is in plain and public view. You're also allowed to photograph a construction worker on a construction site even if that site is private property, as long as you're taking the photograph from public property and there is no reasonable expectation of privacy. Given that a skyscraper that will rise to 40 storeys in no way qualifies for "privacy from the public view", you have every right to take pictures. Even below ground level, if there aren't barriers completely encircling the property and you can get a glimpse from street level in a reasonable fashion, then you're allowed to take that picture.

In a more general context, you can also photograph a person without their consent at any time when they're in public space and there is no legal expectation of privacy. If i take a picture of Times Square and there *happen* to be people in the shot (geez, how is that possible) i don't need to go around getting consent forms filled out by every pedestrian.

I used to do photography avidly many years ago and I know the laws well. I'm sorry Malek but that's how it is.

Not in Quebec. Do your homework, do some research.

Not in Quebec. Do your homework, do some research.

Yes in Quebec, you still can. Sorry bro.

Quebec is unique in requiring you to get consent if you want to publish a photograph of a person who is the primary focus of the picture. (If it's a crowd or a general scene it doesn't count.)

However, this only applies if you share the photo (a friend, a web site, a magazine article.) So I photograph a scene on Ste-Catherine street (a crowd) I don't need consent from anybody.

If i take a wide-angle shot of a construction site and there are barely discernible construction workers somewhere in that shot ---- TOO EFFIN' BAD! The Charter protects my rights to that photograph. If i do a 10x zoom of a construction workers' face and that worker is in private property that is completely enclosed by a fence (granting reasonable expectation of privacy) then no, i couldn't just publish that image according to Quebec law.

However Canadian law still applies for other cases, such as the one's i'm describing. So yes, Malek, i could photograph a construction site even if there are some workers and pedestrians in the background.

Modifié par Cataclaw