Aller au contenu

Griffintown et ses projets - Discussion générale

monctezuma

Messages recommendés

il y a 13 minutes, sgandell a dit :

Our garbage bins are the large metal container type, 6 of them, that have to be picked up by a forklift garbage truck, the truck needs direct access to the bins, it can't drive over any bike path barriers or onto the sidewalk to get to the bins, and once empties it currently needs to be placed across the street to get to the next bin.

Well, then I guess the garbage bins will have to go on the street. Unless the City's extends the no planting zone on the « bande plantée » so the garbage truck can lift them easily. The "bande plantée" is 1.4 meter wide. I guess the bins can go a bit over the bike lane (it's large enough for 2 cyclists to ride side-by-side) , there are at the same level according the the plan. 

Car lane is lower, and sidewalk higher

image.png

That is why we are trying to discuss with the city, the reality is that the bins would be blocking the whole bike lane as the garbage truck is not going to be carefully placing the bins back in the correct position, they will pick up the bin and place it wherever they can to get to the next bin, so that will either be right on the bike path or directly on the street.

And in winter, even worse....currently our snow removal truck will make room for us if the street is not cleared of snow, can't do that with the current plan. 

• Like 1

il y a 6 minutes, sgandell a dit :

That is why we are trying to discuss with the city, the reality is that the bins would be blocking the whole bike lane as the garbage truck is not going to be carefully placing the bins back in the correct position, they will pick up the bin and place it wherever they can to get to the next bin, so that will either be right on the bike path or directly on the street.

And in winter, even worse....currently our snow removal truck will make room for us if the street is not cleared of snow, can't do that with the current plan. 

Send an email to griffintown@ville.montreal.qc.ca 
The works in Griffintown are managed by the Ville-Centre, not the borough, You won't get an answer from 311. 

• 3 semaines plus tard...
Il y a 4 heures, lnykgz a dit :

Help! I am just wondering if I am eligible to turn left at the crossroad of Wellington and Nazareth? How to read the signs? 

By the way, I am driving a car.

image.png

Only buses going West can turn left from Wellington to Bonaventure. All other vehicules must go straight

Green circles are OBLIGATIONS, not permissions... 

3 hours ago, lnykgz said:

Help! I am just wondering if I am eligible to turn left at the crossroad of Wellington and Nazareth? How to read the signs? 

By the way, I am driving a car.

image.png

You are a danger to society. 

• Like 4